LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
excivaamome

Default What do you get for the best pup in the world?
Christmas and her 3rd birthday is coming up (litterally a week apart) and I'm probably just going to get her one standard gift. Maybe 2. I would always get gifts for the dogs, though this year its just dog. That's so weird for me to say. Just Dog.

I know I know, gifts don't mean much to a dog. Just spending time with us will be enough. But I like to spoil her when I can.
Anyway there are very few toys Sasha can have because she is a toy murderer. And most of the toys she can have are rather expensive. I'm thinking of getting her a leather studded collar but one for a dog her size is $20. Which is a lot of $ for a collar. But then again toys aren't cheap either. If I get her the collar that is all she will get. If I decide to get a toy I could go the tennis ball and tug rope route. She doesn't destroy those and likes those and is due for a new one. I thought about getting her some "cookies" (dog treats). But she already needs to lose a bit of weight so that wouldn't help. I think I might try to get her the collar and a new tug rope both. Though I really can't decide on anything until I know what I can spend. (Payday)

So what do you get the best dog in the world?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Frdsdx26

Does she like bully sticks and whatnot?? Bestbullysticks.com has some really nifty little "packages" (for both smaller and larger dogs) that are like $30 and filled with alot of yummy things to chew on. They also have some carob dipped bully sticks too!

As for a collar...have you tried looking at Collarmania's clearance section? They have SOOOOOO many cute collars for female dogs for like $15.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
excivaamome

We don't get bullysticks often, they always seem to be a waste of money when we do. When we get one she swallows it up within 10 minutes.

As far as the collar goes, there is a specific one I have in mind.

Problem with ordering anything online at this point is nothing can be guarenteed before Christmas with most places it seems. Plus I like to see the actual product before buying.

I saw 2 collars though on collarmania that I really liked but they were 50 and 60 dollars. If I were to go through them I would save up and have a custom one made

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

These are the collars I'm looking at.

This was the one I planned to get her, because it was pink. But then I just found the other two.

Pink

http://www.petco.com/product/107445/...t=OnSiteSearch

Mahogany:

http://www.petco.com/product/107447/...t=OnSiteSearch

And I like this Gray one but its so masculine. I'm afraid she would get called boy more often than she already does. But I like the design:

http://www.petco.com/product/110520/...t=OnSiteSearch

Which one do you think would look best on Miss Sasha if I decide on a collar.

By the way their internet prices are great but once you add in shipping its still like 2 dollars cheaper to pick it up yourself at the store. That's funny.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
pongeystrhjst

You should get her a collar from
The Collar Shop

They aren't too much. I think the highest is $22.00. Shipping isn't bad either.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
frkksptn

the best dog food

Old 08-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
seooptiman

Brad at www.stleathercraft.com has very decent prices for his leather collars, if your only interested in leather. For a plain collar, I believe he starts at $30. For a dog of Sasha's size it might be less.

Plus, he has the best customer service AND his products just rock.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
Qutlsilh

Spend $100 on her now come on

Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
excivaamome

Spend $100 on her now come on
If I had $100 to just blow on her I would.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #9
DghtRdc

Magazine with naked dogs

Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #10
seooptiman

Magazine with naked dogs

Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #11
excivaamome

Magazine with naked dogs
Now that is just rediculous.

Any opinons on the collars I posted? Looks at this point like I'm probably going to have a $25 limit

To those of you who suggested the collar sites. There are definately something to look into in the future. But with Christmas being right around the corner I'm probably going to stick to store shopping

Old 08-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #12
Anfester

Get her a Collarmania collar. Visit Collarmania's site, or Ella's Leads... you can't go wrong with a purchase from either, and they will last forever.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #13
seooptiman

Out of the two you posted, I think the mahogony would look really nice on her. Of course, the pink would too

Old 08-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #14
excivaamome

This is just a very much last minute gift considering up until yesterday I wasn't even going to be able to do it. Getting my husband to agree to it was even a chore. He doesn't see the point in getting her a new collar when she has a perfectly good one right now. When he saw the price at the store of the ones we are looking at he was ready to totally forget the whole idea. Which I understand I mean work for me is slow right now, and this was supposed to come out of my pay, not his. And $18-$20 isn't much in the long run. But he just doesn't see the point of it you know. He loves her and he is good to her, and I can see where he is coming from because I did just get her a collar a not too long ago. But I don't like Nylon collars and I want her to have a leather one. And with my medical bills i can see why he doesn't want us to spend much on a dog collar. But its more for me than her.

So I'd like to get her a nicer one eventually but for now, you work with what you can.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #15
iceleliewBync

You should get her an Ella's Lead collar. She would look awesome in the Mini Jive. And I'm sure they could make you one in pink leather if you asked.
A matching small dog lead would be awesome too.
Its more than worth it to get stuff from someone like them rather than Petco in my experience.

I hope I can get something from ST Leathercraft someday too.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #16
excivaamome

You should get her an Ella's Lead collar. She would look awesome in the Mini Jive. And I'm sure they could make you one in pink leather if you asked.
A matching small dog lead would be awesome too.
Its more than worth it to get stuff from someone like them rather than Petco in my experience.

I hope I can get something from ST Leathercraft someday too.
Definately an idea for the next one. But this right now is just a last minute kind of thing. Something better than she has got but when I have more time to put more thought in it, I'd like to get her something much better. Like the collars many of you are suggesting. She still might not get a collar.

So I'm looking for all gift ideas. Atleast with Trouble all I had to do was go out and buy him a sweater. He was always so cold in the winter. Poor guy. He appreciated his sweaters. I want to do something nicer than a tennis ball and tug rope for Sasha. That is what she gets every year.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #17
iceleliewBync

You could get her something from West Paw design. They have some super fun toys! I only have a couple huck balls, but I'm really impressed with the durability and quality. Made in the USA too!! Someday I want to get a zisc and a hurley to try out. They have mini-ziscs for small dogs now too!

I try whenever possible to buy more local. I've found the product is usually more durable and its nice supporting our own crappy economy instead of China's.

How about some nice frozen raw meaty bones for an occasional treat? Doesn't have to be huge, like some turkey necks or something and you could even cut them up so they aren't too huge for one sitting. I only give those in the crate or on tie out.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #18
excivaamome

You could get her something from West Paw design. They have some super fun toys! I only have a couple huck balls, but I'm really impressed with the durability and quality. Made in the USA too!! Someday I want to get a zisc and a hurley to try out. They have mini-ziscs for small dogs now too!

I try whenever possible to buy more local. I've found the product is usually more durable and its nice supporting our own crappy economy instead of China's.

How about some nice frozen raw meaty bones for an occasional treat? Doesn't have to be huge, like some turkey necks or something and you could even cut them up so they aren't too huge for one sitting. I only give those in the crate or on tie out.
I'd say that is a pretty feasible idea and she would really enjoy that.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:57 AM   #19
iceleliewBync

Old 08-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #20
Aafimoq

Get her the pink one, I like the pink one. Her pretty white fur and pink would make sweet sweet love together8)

Reply to Thread New Thread