LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-28-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
CHEAPPoem

Default Adventures at Petsmart
So today I went with the local humane society to help with adoptions, walking dogs for potty breaks, etc. at the Petsmart a few towns over.
It was fun for the most part; had a great time playing with the dogs and talking to people about dogs. But MAN there are some real stupid people out there and most come to Petsmart with their dogs....

1. A woman was letting her son (maybe 8 or 9 years old) walk a large Presa Canario. Thankfully the dog was a total sweetheart and was all wags and kisses to anyone that came up to them but I just thought it was very dumb.

2. I can't count the number of dogs I seen on those damned Flexi Leashes all over the place.

3. This one woman was standing looking at something on one aisle and the dog (thanks to the Flexi Leash) was around the corner on ANOTHER AISLE!

4. This one lady had a DA (unneutered) Shepherd mix that she continuously would walk up to the ex-pens where the smaller dogs were and of course her dog would set all the dogs off.

On a good note:

Two puppies got adopted! And two people are suppose to be coming to the shelter Tuesday to get their dogs.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
StanWatts

I stopped taking eggs to pet stores, he always attracts the wrong crowd.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #3
Seesspoxy

I always seem to get lucky when I take the dogs to one of those places.

Maybe they all sense we're coming and clear out of the store.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
BgpOoGI2

It is not just in Petsmart. So many people just think they have a well behaved dog or their dog would never... It just makes me be that more responsible with my dog.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:48 AM   #5
RalfDweflywex

Pinkie is female DA, so I don't even attempt it.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
adultcomicssitedessaa

Star gets nervous when he goes to petco. He gets scared of the cart at first and then he seems to get happy when he sees the treats and toys but a lot of people around makes him nervous but he doesn't lunge or growl or anything. I always got to tell kids you never go up and grab at a dog. You think their parents would teach them dog safety.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
aaafluochugh

Petsmart is a good/bad place. I try to maintain my calm and yet it is hard. We stopped in yesterday after a long walk with backpacks to a get bed for our new puppy Behffin, since she keeps taking Juke's and he likes his quiet time in the evening. MY wife wouldn't put Behffin on the the ground because she hasn't finished her pupppy shots. Juke was good, but he is a very alert dog always. He had a meet and greet with several adults and a 4 yr old little girl that was just fine. What wasn't was the idiot with the pug over one isle on a flex lead coming over to the isle we were in and barking at us. Juke was excited over it, but easily in my control. Oh and the local Bully recue was there for adoption. We were actually thanked for bring ours in as a representation of how good they can be... by the store manager.

Reply to Thread New Thread