LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
LindaSmithIV

Default need help in east tn !!
My friend just inherited a beautiful pit bull named Molly. Molly had belonged to her step-mom and father, who kept her inside, in a dog cage most of the time. They both recently passed away and now my friend R has her. Some days she is nice, but most days she is very aggressive and R and her friends are afraid of her. Including me !

I really need to find my friend help w/ retraining and/or rehab for Molly !! R and I live in East Tn. and really need help fast !!! R can't give Molly away, since she is agressive. And it is killing her to think she will have to put her down. Molly will be 3 years old soon and is healthy, and R loves her so much. She is a very smart dog and R has taught her many tricks already, but she has bared her teeth and growled at her and lunged at her.

Is there any help for Molly ?? Can she be trained to be non- aggressive toward her owner and the owners friends. Please help us save Molly !!!

Old 09-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
markkisil

If she's human aggressive, I'm sorry to make it seem so blunt, but the best thing would be to have her put down. Human aggression is not tolerated in the breed, at all, and is a news article waiting to happen.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
gueremaisse

only people that can evaluate the dog in person will be able to answer that question for you..

get a certified behaviorist to get the dog evaluated.
try sending a PM to Molly's Nana she's from TN, maybe she could help you out with a trainer...

Old 09-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
reachmanxx

get a certified behaviorist to get the dog evaluated.
try sending a PM to Molly's Nana she's from TN, maybe she could help you out with a trainer...
^ this.

Make sure you look for a behaviorist, not a dog trainer. Most behaviorists are also trainers, but most trainers are not behaviorists.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
gueremaisse

yes... and everyone can call himself a behaviorist, so make sure to look for one that's certified.

on another note, a behaviorist isn't a trainer neither, that's why I added the trainer..
usually a behaviorist will assist and evaluate behavior while the trainer is the one that will actually work the dog with you.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
perpelverw

If she's truly human aggressive than she should be humanely euthanized I'm so sorry for your friend, that's such a tough situation to be in. How far is she from Atlanta?

Old 09-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
Qrhzbadu

I think she justs needs some professional help and lots of love. Her being locked up that long she is going to have a hard time trusting people. No need to put her down, but she will need avlot of work undoing what the previous owners did to her

Old 09-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #8
perpelverw

I think she justs needs some professional help and lots of love. Her being locked up that long she is going to have a hard time trusting people. No need to put her down, but she will need avlot of work undoing what the previous owners did to her
From experience, I know sometimes it cannot be undone and it can be dangerous to give people false hope. I haven't met this dog, so I do not know her temperament . But if a reputable professional evaluates the dog and says the dog is human aggressive, I would recommend having her euthanized.

Reply to Thread New Thread