LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
KignPeeseeamn

Default Bad Doggie Alert! Skelly chewed up an ink pen.
Strangely enough the long weekend didn't allow for much time to clean up the house! It looks like a tornado hit this place!

This is bad news for everybody but Skeletor. He's surrounded by a veritable smorgasbord of items to chew on.

This morning, I heard him chomping happily on something behind the couch. Lo, and behold, it was some poor sap's belt. Skelly No!! Later on, I look down to see what he's doing and much to my horror, he was munching on a blue ink pen!

I've been liberally applying oxy clean, resolve, and whatever else I can find. As I expected, ink is a pretty tough stain to get out of carpet!

Why was there an ink pen on the floor? That's a good question.

The good news is that he's acting healthy enough to cause such destruction. I've learned that his behavior, appetite, and attitude seem to be a direct indicator of his current level of illness. At least that's what I keep telling myself as I repeatedly scrub, mop, wipe, spray, etc...

Read more on Skeletor's blog...
http://helpskeletor.blogspot.com/201...-chew-toy.html

Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
doksSirmAdods

Why not crate the Skelly if you can't supervise so that you know he isn't eating anyones stuff? When my dogs are pups, i like to crate them and then either keep an eye on them like its my job or tether them to me via leash looped through my beltloop so I know they aren't doing bad things.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
KignPeeseeamn

Hah... Skeletor does sleep in his crate. I was actually sitting here working when he got a hold of the ink pen. He was chewing it up on the floor right next to my chair!

I found the best thing to do is keep the place tidy

Old 08-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
lungumnentibe

he wasnt being a bad doggie he was being a untrained doggie

Old 08-09-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
xanaxist

Sounds like puppy bratty behavior.. they will eat/destroy whatever they can get their paws on... and then some!!

Try some fingernail polish remover on the ink stain, and the Avon SOS removes ink from skin.... not sure if it will from carpet. I LOVE the Fantastic in the blue bottle that they have out now.. it's different than the old kind, and when we moved in, I spot cleaned every spot with that stuff, worked wonders! You could also try 409.

The Fantastic I'm talking about that worked so well, and didn't take the carpet color out, is the second one from the right: (plus, I love the way it smells!)

http://www.fantastik.com/

Old 08-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #6
KignPeeseeamn

Very interesting. I'll check out that fantastik stuff. Thank you for the suggestion.

You're right. He is still working on the training. He does quite well for the most part. There are just certain times when he gets incredibly bored and/or inspired and goes chew crazy.

He has not knocked over the trash, he doesn't pull things off the counter tops, he doesn't chew up cords, furniture, cd cases, etc... it's just that beef flavored ink that he can't seem to resist!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #7
lungumnentibe

Very interesting. I'll check out that fantastik stuff. Thank you for the suggestion.

You're right. He is still working on the training. He does quite well for the most part. There are just certain times when he gets incredibly bored and/or inspired and goes chew crazy.

He has not knocked over the trash, he doesn't pull things off the counter tops, he doesn't chew up cords, furniture, cd cases, etc... it's just that beef flavored ink that he can't seem to resist!
thats a puppy for you

Reply to Thread New Thread