LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
gniewkoit

Default Registry
So I know alot of people I have seen use some registries I never heard of and am interested in hearing WHY you like that registry and what your views are on the registries. IMO.. NONE of the registries are true to being "reputable" which can be debatable with certain people but the fact that an AMBULLY is UKC, ADBA reg tells me that they register whatever like other registries do.
so here is the list of the two Regs I not only use but Have seen others use aswell and have seen other registries mentioned. Some I havent heard of.

1. ADBA (with them)
2. NKC (With them)
3. UKC
4. BFKC
5. SDR
6. APBR
7. CKC(can be canadian or continental)
8. AAPBA
9. AADR

please feel free to voice the ones you are with and why you like them or if you see ones you don't like please state why. ^^

can anyone tell I am bored yet?

Old 08-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
justashonglefan

I dont "like" any of them to be honest. they all have their bad points.

HOWEVER, AAPBA is full of complete shit. theyre paper hanging SOB's and run when confronted about it

Old 08-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Imalaycle

Adba is who Odie is registered with and also dra but Honestly still haven't changed Odie's papers from the breeders.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Clilmence

I only have dogs registered through ADBA and/or AADR.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
ElcinBoris

We only mess with the ADBA right now. Any registry can have a problem with paper hanging, but I agree that something needs to be done once it's discovered. Every registry has it's advantages and disadvantages. There is only so much the people running a registry can do, though, it's not like they can go and witness every breeding to know for sure that paper hanging is not happening.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
justashonglefan

We only mess with the ADBA right now. Any registry can have a problem with paper hanging, but I agree that something needs to be done once it's discovered. Every registry has it's advantages and disadvantages. There is only so much the people running a registry can do, though, it's not like they can go and witness every breeding to know for sure that paper hanging is not happening.
the only reason i chimed about paper hanging with the AAPBA is the OWNERS of AAPBA are the ones paper hanging, theyre also falsifying titles too.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
ElcinBoris

the only reason i chimed about paper hanging with the AAPBA is the OWNERS of AAPBA are the ones paper hanging, theyre also falsifying titles too.
Oh, I wasn't bringing it up because of that, I was bringing it up because they were talking about the American Bullies in the ADBA and other registries registered as APBT.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #8
justashonglefan

Oh, I wasn't bringing it up because of that, I was bringing it up because they were talking about the American Bullies in the ADBA and other registries registered as APBT.
ah okay. i figured i didnt word my post well enough LOL

Old 08-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
doksSirmAdods

Apparently, registries need a better system and some way to revoke registration or something. I originally had a bad opinion of ADBA simply because I went to a show and saw two dogs competing in weight pull registered as APBT who were very obviously not. Like, they looked like Lab x Mastiff x Shepherd. Seriously. Long fur, the size of trucks and had Lab like faces.

At this point I just ignore registry. Its really all about the breeders ethisc and knowledge.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:33 AM   #10
Edisesyethisp

I like the ADBA, AADR, and APBA, because they have plenty of shows/weight pulls near me, and I like the people I get to hang out with and learn from. They are also very laid back, don't have to dress up, or act all "uppity". I have only been to two UKC show, just to watch, and the majority of people were stand offish, though, one lady (she had American Hairless Terriers or something like that), she was very friendly and helpful.

Every registry has its down side, and I'm sure if someone likes a particular registry there is an upside.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:38 AM   #11
aNoBVsUW

I like the ADBA, AADR, and APBA, because they have plenty of shows/weight pulls near me, and I like the people I get to hang out with and learn from. They are also very laid back, don't have to dress up, or act all "uppity". I have only been to two UKC show, just to watch, and the majority of people were stand offish, though, one lady (she had American Hairless Terriers or something like that), she was very friendly and helpful.

Every registry has its down side, and I'm sure if someone likes a particular registry there is an upside. Ditto to what CHJ said, these are the registries we use also.....

Old 08-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #12
gniewkoit

Every registry has its down side, and I'm sure if someone likes a particular registry there is an upside.
APBA? sorry, what registry is that one?

Old 08-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #13
Edisesyethisp

It's a NC registry mostly. It's the American PureBred Alliance

Shows are a little less expensive than some of the others. It's still a little small, but very enjoyable. They have an all breed weight pull, and a special Spay/neuter class (for points).

Old 08-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #14
bmwservis

I prefer the ADBA and AADR; I used to be an AKC person, but bulldog people are much much more laid back, and remember that these shows are about FUN. AKC people are just so... uptight.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #15
fgfblog

Has anyone ever had a windbag, AKC know-it-all tell you that the only truly legitimate breeds of dog are the ones registered by the AKC? I have and its infuriating. Apparently all other registries are sub standard. This coming from a club that secretly advocates in breeding. Sometimes I hate talking to dog people. Especially the self proclaimed expert types.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #16
ElcinBoris

Has anyone ever had a windbag, AKC know-it-all tell you that the only truly legitimate breeds of dog are the ones registered by the AKC? I have and its infuriating. Apparently all other registries are sub standard. This coming from a club that secretly advocates in breeding. Sometimes I hate talking to dog people. Especially the self proclaimed expert types.
Oh, yes, I've gotten this. I work in the pet industry, and have had customers ask me about my own dogs. When I say what they are, or talk about the registry I show them in, I get some pretty funny looks, I've also had someone tell me its a load of crap, because only AKC dogs are legitimate and have shows....

Old 08-31-2010, 02:32 AM   #17
gniewkoit

CHJ do they hold shows all over or is it just in NC with APBA?

Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 AM   #18
Edisesyethisp

Right now, it's just NC as far as shows go, we have out of state people who come to the shows, though, I think the Owner said someone in Tennesse was interested in maybe getting a club together, and some people in GA toyed with the idea also, but right now, just NC.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:18 AM   #19
gniewkoit

that's what I thought...that would be one hell of a drive for me.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:26 AM   #20
Edisesyethisp

Yeah, quite a bit. lol.

Though, if you wanted to start a club out there, you could probably talk to the owner. lol.

Reply to Thread New Thread