LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
spamkillerj

Default Sometimes I wish TV wasn't invented
Today we were watching Judge Judy and there was an case that made me so PO'd that I now remember why I don't watch T.V. much.
The case was a pit that ran out the door when his owner went to get the mail and attacked a small dog who's owner was walking on the pit owners property. The guy was able to get his dog off and put him in the house but in getting his dog off he got bit by the ladies small dog. She sued him for her dogs vet bill and he countersued for medical bills from taking care of the bite her dog gave. Judge Judy called the pit owners out saying she has no idea why any sane person would have these monsters in a community but until the laws are changed everyone else has to deal with it. Then she said they have locking jaw and could kill the owners grand children in a snap and she just can't understand why he doesn't have another breed of dog. So by then I was getting annoyed, this is a person meant to upheld justice but she failed to drive home the fact that the small dog and it's owner were on private property. Plus the pit had no prior complaints against it. The she dismissed the guys counter claim because it was a small nip that didn't hurt him however made them pay all the medical bills for the small dog.
This much of a double standard is why I hate people and why little dogs (at least most of them) get away with everything. Sorry but I had to rant to someone, I know this is a pretty common occurance with the double standard but to see a woman who's supposed to be educated and making major decisions saying stupid things like that grrrr.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
drlifeech

I REALLY can't stand the sight of that windbag. It does'nt surprise me one bit that she said something like that. Shes one reason a lot of people don't ever wanna go anywhere near the east coast,(upper NE), its known for obnoxious blow holes like her.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
spamkillerj

I REALLY can't stand the sight of that windbag. It does'nt surprise me one bit that she said something like that. Shes one reason a lot of people don't ever wanna go anywhere near the east coast,(upper NE), its known for obnoxious blow holes like her.
Ugh I know, I usually can't stand the lady but this was the crowning reason why I won't be watching her any more. haha I'm from PA, does that count as upper NE?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
gogona

yep, she is a long time well known apbt hater... and her ignorance has been shown on more than one occasion... she spreads the falsehoods as though they were "gospel"

Old 06-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
littlePen

Today we were watching Judge Judy and there was an case that made me so PO'd that I now remember why I don't watch T.V. much.
The case was a pit that ran out the door when his owner went to get the mail and attacked a small dog who's owner was walking on the pit owners property. The guy was able to get his dog off and put him in the house but in getting his dog off he got bit by the ladies small dog. She sued him for her dogs vet bill and he countersued for medical bills from taking care of the bite her dog gave. Judge Judy called the pit owners out saying she has no idea why any sane person would have these monsters in a community but until the laws are changed everyone else has to deal with it. Then she said they have locking jaw and could kill the owners grand children in a snap and she just can't understand why he doesn't have another breed of dog. So by then I was getting annoyed, this is a person meant to upheld justice but she failed to drive home the fact that the small dog and it's owner were on private property. Plus the pit had no prior complaints against it. The she dismissed the guys counter claim because it was a small nip that didn't hurt him however made them pay all the medical bills for the small dog.
This much of a double standard is why I hate people and why little dogs (at least most of them) get away with everything. Sorry but I had to rant to someone, I know this is a pretty common occurance with the double standard but to see a woman who's supposed to be educated and making major decisions saying stupid things like that grrrr.
This is also why I have no qualms in kicking a little dog straight between the uprights.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:08 PM   #6
spamkillerj

yep, she is a long time well known apbt hater... and her ignorance has been shown on more than one occasion... she spreads the falsehoods as though they were "gospel"
I actually had no idea about her hatred. haha I've never been a fan and today was one of the first days I sat down and watched and episode. Today will also be the last. She would even let the pit owner reply because he was wrong all the way (according to her he was guilty because he chose to own this dog.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

This is also why I have no qualms in kicking a little dog straight between the uprights.
Haha same here. Don't get me wrong, I'd never harm a dog for the sake of harming it but if either Athena or I feel threatened it's going to happen. There is this toy poodle in our neighborhood the owners allow to walk around without collar or leash. Well Athena has issues with small dogs and more than once I've had to boot the small dog to get it away from Athena. It will run after a dog and doesn't go home when you yell. The last thing I want is Athena to get in trouble for eating the little rat.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
hygtfrdes

I never knew this about her either! I thought I saw a episode where she stood up for a APBT owner!!??

Guess not...

Old 06-08-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
spamkillerj

I never knew this about her either! I thought I saw a episode where she stood up for a APBT owner!!??

Guess not...
Haha she was luring us into a false sense of security. I can't say I remember any other episodes of hers but who knows... Maybe she was just is a poor mood today and decided to spread lies and fear
Another thing was when they should a picture of the dog it clearly wasn't APBT, it actually looked like it had Bull Mastiff but maybe that's just me. I suck at identifying dogs.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #9
Essefsbyday

Just another reason why I refuse to watch her show. I really wish someone could introduce her to one and let her see the true side of the APBT.... but alas, she would never agree to it, she has too much fun fueling the media hype!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #10
Izzy

She's an idiot. She has tons more shows like this...

Old 06-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
glamourcitys

Annnnnd the kick issssss....GOOOD!!! *crowd goes wild*

I just watched the video and I would LOOOVE to get in her courtroom with actual educational material and make her look like a fool in front of all and sundry.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
spamkillerj

Annnnnd the kick issssss....GOOOD!!! *crowd goes wild*

I just watched the video and I would LOOOVE to get in her courtroom with actual educational material and make her look like a fool in front of all and sundry.
Haha I agree. I was sitting there the whole time yelling at the T.V. responding to every stupid thing she said. I bet she'd kick you out if you started proving her wrong. She frusterated me so bad and the whole time I was yelling my girl just sat their staring at me like WTF is wrong with you.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

YouTube- ‪Judge Judy - Pitbull Lady‬‎

She's an idiot. She has tons more shows like this...
That makes me so mad there's even more shows where she's saying stupid stuff. This isn't the same one on today but it just goes to show you someone's a little biased againts pits.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Just another reason why I refuse to watch her show. I really wish someone could introduce her to one and let her see the true side of the APBT.... but alas, she would never agree to it, she has too much fun fueling the media hype!
She'd probably say that it was a mix or something. People like her refuse to admit that they are wrong and just like feeding the fear

Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
Izzy

Was this the one you were watching?

Old 06-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #14
spamkillerj

That's the one!!

Old 06-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #15
HakTaisanip

I am very tired of judges who do not enforce the law instead choosing to use their positions to rule based on what they think the law should be.

This woman should not be a judge, the fact that she is televised just gives her a much larger soap box to shout from.

Sad state of our country is all the "self appointed legal experts" we all run into many of whom learned their version of the law from this kind of televised nonsense.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:53 AM   #16
drlifeech

Ugh I know, I usually can't stand the lady but this was the crowning reason why I won't be watching her any more. haha I'm from PA, does that count as upper NE?
It does and it doesn't, I'm mostly refering to Boston or New Yawk. I've benn in San Diego my whole life so I really don't know about the east coast but I have met a few people from there and they did seem to have the classic "fuck you" attitudes. We have a lot of real dicks living here to though. The problem here though is that it does't get cold so theres nothing to keep em' in their damn houses.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

ShakaZ, you might be the coolest muhfukkah I aint never met!

Old 06-09-2010, 01:57 AM   #17
espenijij

I know this is not the most appropriate approach, but what I took away from this ruling is: don't try to pry my dog off of the dog (so I don't get bitten) and let my dog kill the rat (so the vet bill isn't as high)

Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #18
strollerssfsfs

I seriously hate Judge Judy, even when it comes to non-pit bull cases. She's so disrespectful, and judgmental, it makes me sick. And honestly all the judge shows are disgusting when it comes to pit bulls. A few years ago I was watching some show, People's Court I think, and that idiot Harvey Levenstein (I think) was talking about how Pit Bulls have some enzyme that make them go crazy... and then the average joe watches it, thinks "Oh that guy's on TV, he knows what he's talking about"

Old 06-09-2010, 03:07 AM   #19
spamkillerj

It does and it doesn't, I'm mostly refering to Boston or New Yawk. I've benn in San Diego my whole life so I really don't know about the east coast but I have met a few people from there and they did seem to have the classic "fuck you" attitudes. We have a lot of real dicks living here to though. The problem here though is that it does't get cold so theres nothing to keep em' in their damn houses.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------
Haha well I'm from SW PA but I'm okay with that thought. Most people around here do have that attitude but there's a few of us nice ones It gets cold around here, sadly people get use to it and stil come out of their holes

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I know this is not the most appropriate approach, but what I took away from this ruling is: don't try to pry my dog off of the dog (so I don't get bitten) and let my dog kill the rat (so the vet bill isn't as high)
I couldn't believe the vet bill was like $4000! That's just insane and the fact the guy had to pay for it when the dogs were on his property without his permission.
What also go me was how she asked him if he let the dog out on purpose!

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I seriously hate Judge Judy, even when it comes to non-pit bull cases. She's so disrespectful, and judgmental, it makes me sick. And honestly all the judge shows are disgusting when it comes to pit bulls. A few years ago I was watching some show, People's Court I think, and that idiot Harvey Levenstein (I think) was talking about how Pit Bulls have some enzyme that make them go crazy... and then the average joe watches it, thinks "Oh that guy's on TV, he knows what he's talking about"
I wonder where some of this B.S. comes from. Honestly are people so ignorant and fearful of an animal that crap starts pouring from their mouths?! I hate when people bring up that they something on t.v. like that makes it a fact

Old 06-09-2010, 03:08 AM   #20
drlifeech

I live with a person who has that same attitude and your right, its a real pisser. According to her, my pit bull terrier, the sweetest creature to ever walk the earth, has an inherent gene that sooner or later will cause her to attack us for no reason. In the meantime, she has this god forsaken little creature she calls a Min Pin that will bite the shit out of anybody. I have pellet guns that as powerful as 22's and that little beast is really pushing its luck

Reply to Thread New Thread