LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-08-2010, 04:26 AM   #1
WFSdZuP3

Default Opinions Please
Hey everyone, this may be alittle weird but I just wanted to hear a few opinions on the classic pitbull (purebred) look compared to the newer xl bully style look and visa versa. I myself love them both, just wanted to get other people in different areas opinions.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:29 AM   #2
Nptxsews

Classic APBT hands down. I'm a big push over for the Colby dogs too.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:32 AM   #3
rouletteroulette

I prefer the classic look. I like practical dogs that can work and that is not an AmBully.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:54 AM   #4
Bobdilan

I prefer the true APBT to the Am Bully myself. There are some good looking Am Bullies, like Pink Princess' Cleo, but they are the minority IMO. I love my dog's drive and athletic ability...and I haven't seen that in the bullies I've come across. To each his own.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:59 AM   #5
77chawzence

I own both and I love both.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:59 AM   #6
Lictimind

based on looks, I've seen ugly and beautiful examples of each type... but I really do not care for the ambully because I think they are breeding poor structure and health into a breed that is typically hardy and healthy. I really worry about that.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:08 AM   #7
rouletteroulette

I prefer the true APBT to the Am Bully myself. There are some good looking Am Bullies, like Pink Princess' Cleo, but they are the minority IMO. I love my dog's drive and athletic ability...and I haven't seen that in the bullies I've come across. To each his own.
Yeah, she definitely has a good looking AmBully. But the ones I've personally encountered have all been the totally overdone ones.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:25 AM   #8
Infiseeenvelp

based on looks, I've seen ugly and beautiful examples of each type... but I really do not care for the ambully because I think they are breeding poor structure and health into a breed that is typically hardy and healthy. I really worry about that.
Yeah, she definitely has a good looking AmBully. But the ones I've personally encountered have all been the totally overdone ones.
Yup and Yup. Sad that here where I live people think AmBully is a APBT... They think thicker, shorter, bigger heads=Really great APBT... Not a very "functional"dog IMHO.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #9
sasaderesada

I prefer the classic look, but honestly I love every dog I meet so looks aren't that big of a deal to me. I almost adopted an ambully, but my girl didn't get along with him so that was a no go.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #10
WFSdZuP3

Great opinions guys thanks! As I go through pictures of bullies I noticed there's really no set structure, it's kind of just go big wherever they can get big. I mean don't get me wrong some of the bullies look like giant APBT's but....well let's just say others don't. LOL

Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #11
Ltftujkg

Well there is no "classic look", there's breeders sticking to the standard and there's ones who are creating mutts by breeding what they want. Most of the Ambully breeders seem to be heading towards a English Bulldog or a Mastiff in appearance which just seems stupid, if they wanted a dog that looked like that why not pick one that already existed?

Old 11-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #12
rouletteroulette

Well there is no "classic look", there's breeders sticking to the standard and there's ones who are creating mutts by breeding what they want. Most of the Ambully breeders seem to be heading towards a English Bulldog or a Mastiff in appearance which just seems stupid, if they wanted a dog that looked like that why not pick one that already existed?
That's how I feel about the matter. The ones I see just seem like oversized English Bulldogs.

I like the traditional APBT look, which Sinead has, even if I don't have papers on her. She might be a mutt, but I'd say she's mostly, if not all, APBT.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #13
cepAceryTem

i like both as long as its in good shape, not 2 inches off the ground, can breath, ect...but I am definitely a little more into the originals.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #14
Annewsded

I like any dog that actually fits within it's standard. At least until AKC gets their hands on the breed and standard and messes it all up.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #15
Turbo-ip

I own both and I love both.
I second this!

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

@teewiggs

I love the peds on your dog, specially that wildside girl! She got alot of relatives in my possession. Take good care of her.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #16
emingeRek

Great opinions guys thanks! As I go through pictures of bullies I noticed there's really no set structure, it's kind of just go big wherever they can get big. I mean don't get me wrong some of the bullies look like giant APBT's but....well let's just say others don't. LOL
Yea I am NOT a fan of dogs who cant serve any purpose and are just bred based on looks (usually resulting in loads of health issues). That being said I dont like the overdone ambullies, obviously Cleos is AMAZING and not a hot breeding mess

Old 11-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #17
DJkillos

There really is no comparison. The APBT is THE American Pit Bull Terrier. The AmBully is NOT an APBT and it is a "pit bull" by only the absolutely loosest general definition by which the term is now used to refer to.

The APBT is a true breed and has been for 200 years (or even more). The AmBully, although it does have a breed registry and some loose variable standards written down, is yet to be a true breed and it will never be until the owners and breeders start banding together and breeding the dogs with the same goals and standards in mind. For now, the dogs are bred for head size or chest size or overall weight/height or for color and function, well, Bichon Frises are probably bred for more working ability.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
Kolokireo

I have to second the comment that there is no "classic look". The APBT is the actual Pit Bull and other bully breeds are not. Its that simple.

So, to answer the question, I prefer the APBT to the Am Bully.

I like the athleticism, energy, working ability and drive of the APBT. I have seen some cute and not over done Am Bullies, but none with the certain spark of personality and drive combined with agility seen in the APBT.

Reply to Thread New Thread