LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
prowsnobswend

Default Just thought I'd share...
I totally forgot to mention that the other day Bubba and Sophie got ahold of a skunk! It was aweful! Needless to say they killed it, and it was a baby. The fact that it was a baby was lucky for us, because I don't think their spray is as pungent.

Well I wasn't home when this happened. We were at a family picnic and the dogs had gone home. I sent my fiance back home to bring them back to the park. Well before he put them in the car he let them into the backyard for a quick pee.

It just so happens the spotted the skunk and were on it before he could do anything. So my lovely fiance gets them off the skunk and then TAKES THEM INTO THE HOUSE to crate them!

Sooooo not a good idea. He came and got me and my brother and we went home to remedy the situation. Let me just tell you... the house reaked... it was horrible. Now the fact that the house smelled wasn't the worst thing... the worst thing was my uncle was in town from texas and was on his way over to see my new house!

So yeah... a bottle of febreeze, a bunch and candle, lots of vinegar, and some Dawn dish soap later we got SOME of the smell under control.

I now scout the backyard before releasing the dogs, and they go out leashed at night... ugh! The smell is now gone from the house and the dogs only smell slighly... lesson learned!

Old 06-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
selayeffethy

I hear those big cans of Tomato Soup work well for skunk smell on dogs. Poor you!

Old 06-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
prowsnobswend

Yeah I have heard the tomato thing too... Vinegar and Dawn dish soap actually work pretty well... it was what we had lol.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
PekHyvac

Any kind of tomato sauce or juice will work. I have used V8 before. Nothing really takes the smell away instantly it just has to fad over time, but there are things that can help.

Yes I have have to watch before I let my dogs out to go potty as there are critters about. Mine have got skunked before as well :/

Old 06-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
lmHVYs8e

About a month after I left my ex he left the front door and screen door open so Zeus (dog in my av) could watch the neighborhood... a skunk apparently cruised by the open door, right in front of Zeus. Zeus pounced and the skunk sprayed DIRECTLY into the house. My brother who is still friends w/ my ex said the smell was soooo bad he couldn't hang out over there... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA oh, kharma, I love you.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
prowsnobswend

Lol Chapstick! Ugh... directly in would be nasty! Surprisingly the next day I scrubbed the floors in my house with Pinesol and lit the candles again and the smell inside went away... I guess smell is attracted to the floor??? Who knows.

Reply to Thread New Thread