LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
k5wTvu9f

Default My social butterfly
I'm so proud of my girl I just have to tell people.

This morning I was out in the back with her, the neighbors kids were out next door playing ball and they knocked their ball into the yard. We didn't notice this but they asked us if we could toss it back over the fence.

Since they were out with their mom and I was getting ready to head out for work I leashed Sasha up and took her over to introduce her to the kids mom and let her know someone would be home all day so if anything got knocked into the yard just ring the bell and they'd get it for them.

Well, kids being what they are they all wanted to come see the dog. Typical for her the tail started going and she got that submissive scooting butt kind of thing going as she went around to all the kids to get pets and hugs and give them kisses.

One of the kids came over wanting to pet her and is going "sit. sit." and down her butt went and she sat there just basking in all the attention.

She didn't go after any of their toys other than to sniff, and would have been in complete ecstasy if she could have been cut loose to roll around in the grass and chase them.

Gotta love a good dog.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
yarita

I love these kind of stories!! Curious though, what did mom say?

I know the butt scoot all too well, Bella not only does that, but she plops down right on top of your foot as well!

Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
k5wTvu9f

I love these kind of stories!! Curious though, what did mom say?

She was asking what kind of dog she is saying "she looks like she has some boxer in her"

I told her what I always tell people: "she was a shelter dog so when I got her she was just listed as a "pit bull" but my vet lists her as an American Staffordshire Terrier. It wouldn't surprise me if she has some in her."

They have dogs themselves and said one of theirs has some "bulldog" in it.

I just like to make sure people that aren't showing any fear of her get a chance to meet her and she gets a chance to meet them. It also let me make sure the kids won't be trying to go in the yard themselves which after meeting her I think would result in a major chewing out from their mom should they try it.

I know the butt scoot all too well, Bella not only does that, but she plops down right on top of your foot as well!
When she was a pup she did the submissive peeing thing for a few months but she outgrew it once she realized she was in her new home, she wasn't going to get abused.

She's even cool with moving now since I've moved 3 times since I brought her home. She's made that connection that wherever I'm going with all the stuff, she's going too.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
XVzrlWIv

I loved taking Lucy to my cousin's grad party. She got to romp with the kids, and they let her practically lick them to death while laughing the whole time. All I heard from those kids this weekend was "Can we play with the dogs/Can you let out the dogs".

Reply to Thread New Thread