LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-07-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
erubresen

Default What a freaking day.
From the moment I opened my eyes this morning, I knew it was going to be "one of those" days.

I woke up to the smell of dog crap. Sure enough, Marsha had pooped all over the rug in the living area. Funny, since the rest of the living area is tile. How do I know for sure its Marsha? She is the only one who walks around and poops at the same time.

It got better. I let everyone outside to potty, put Hoss in the kennel, Umah stayed out in the yard, and Mexi, Gypsy and Marsha came back in the house. I went to get ready for work.

The fence is 8 feet all around, and its that...uh...can't remember the name of the wire, its the stuff with all the little squares you use for horse fencing. Anyway.

I was getting ready for maybe ten minutes. Then I went out and situated everyone for the day, and had Gypsy and Umah load up into the truck to go to work with me.

Get to work, all is fine. I leave the room for a minute, come back and notice blood all down the inside of Umah's right foreleg. I take a closer look, and she's got this 1.5" gash on the inside, right at the bend of her elbow. Its deep.

I have no clue how this could have happened, maybe a stick? I checked all over the yard when I got home and that is all I can think of, since there is nothing obvious.

Took her to the vet, where she had to have it closed up and a drain tube put in. She's staying overnight.

On the up side, Gypsy donated blood in an emergency to a puppy. She was really good, they took it from her jugular vein and she didn't even try to fight them. They took out what looked like a lot to me, but they gave me a can of science diet a/d food to give her to prevent her from getting woozy. She ate the food in one gulp and that was it.

Of course, her vein 'blew' as they put it, so it started swelling up under the skin and we had to hold pressure on it for a while

Sadly, the puppy we were trying to save died on the table She had some major problems, she was hit by a car.

Annnnnnyway, I just wanted to whine about my day for a second

Old 02-07-2010, 01:52 AM   #2
SallyIsNice5

Oh no. I hope Umah will be OK. Sorry about the puppy, thank you and Gypsy for trying to help though.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
forexsoft

Wow what a day! I hope Umah is going to be alright...and kudos to you and Gypsy for trying to save the puppy!

Old 02-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #4
erubresen

I think I just feel it more because I haven't eaten today, lmao! I'm usually pretty optimistic.

I know Umah will be alright, I trust my vet. Plus, I'll be there bright and early in the morning to pick her up, lol!

I was really sad about the puppy. A lot of people were praying for her. Poor little girl. Her name was Peaches.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
forexsoft

Yeah Umah will be ok
What kinda dog was little Peaches?

Old 02-07-2010, 03:00 AM   #6
erubresen

She was a reservation mutt. Looked like she probably had some heeler in her. She was white with reddish tan speckles on her ears and tail.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Oh, she was only 12 weeks old

Old 02-07-2010, 03:07 AM   #7
forexsoft

Awww poor baby...

Old 02-07-2010, 03:38 AM   #8
bonyrek

Umah will be fine, it is nice having a vet you can trust.

Poor puppy. :-(

BUT tomorrow is a new day and things will be MUCH better.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:46 AM   #9
Deribasov

Poor puppy. SO good of you to let your Girl give blood to try and save the little one.

Hope your Girls owie heals up without and secondary issues.

And, I hope the rest of this day goes well for YOU!!!!

Big Hugz to you and yours!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #10
asharbiq

Poor pup & what a Day. You and your Dog did what you could, I hope your girl is A-O-K asap.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #11
nermise

What a day Libby! Sorry to hear about the pup. I hope Umah is okay.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #12
DoctorQuquriramba

Sorry about the rough day. Hope Umah is okay. Sorry that pup didn't make it but atleast you guys tried to help. Hopefully today is a better day!

Old 03-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #13
forexsoft

So, how's Umah today?

Old 03-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #14
erubresen

She's ok. She is still a little loopy from the meds, but she is getting better. She had diarrhea right after I picked her up, so she is getting rice and chicken for dinner...she ought to be pleased, lol.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #15
forexsoft

Well I'm glad she's getting better! Lol, and chicken and rice sounds good to ME! Send some this way LOL

Old 03-07-2010, 01:16 AM   #16
VINPELA

Sorry to hear about your day and glad she's doing a bit better. I read this in the morning and had the horrible notion today was going to be one of those days too, thankfully I was wrong. Well, so far anyway.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:34 AM   #17
DoctorTentonyya

awww I hope your girls heal well, sorry about the puppy, RIP little Peaches, tomorrow will be a brighter day

Reply to Thread New Thread