LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
Beriilosal

Default When will people learn?
(Sorry have to Rant) So last night my 6 year old daughter comes running up to the house screaming that a dog is trying to "eat" the horses. Well by the time I got to them the dog was dead and my horses were spooked pretty bad thankfully none of them got hurt. I'm guessing the dog was a stray it looked like a bully of some type. This just #%@!& me off seems like people will never take responsibility for their pets. I'm guessing he was a stray somebody just dumped out in the country so he could "run free" give me a freaking break I'm so sick of seeing "dumped" dogs it makes me sick i wish these A#!Holes would realize that "dumping" fluffy out in the country is only going to end up bad for the dog he is going to get shot, runover, poisoned or meet some other ending and its not going to be good. If you cant take care of a dog dont get one and it will save all of use a headache. And dont dump it take it to a shelter but I guess some people are to big of $#%$%$ to face the shelter people and have to take the chicken Sh%t way out.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
klubneras

People will only learn when they have to start paying the price for their own actions. As it stands, our government is choosing to let dogs pay the price for their owners idiocy.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
LongaDonga

Techinally, they CAN have to pay for their actions. I don't know where you are, but where I live there is a $250 fine for dumping an animal. The hard part is catching the SOBs so you CAN fine them.

I think one reason people don't take animals to shelters is b/c of the terrible conditions in most of them, the cruel euthanasia practices at some shelters that have been publicized & the fact that even JQP knows that the sheer overcrowding at most shelters will likely guarantee their dog a death sentence. So they take a chance & set the dog free in the country, hoping someone will take it in & give it a good home.

I have never dumped a dog myself, but I have been to a couple of shelters & I could see why someone would rather give their dog a chance at being taken in by a good samaritan than strangled to death in a gas chamber & have the undignified burial of having it's frozen body tossed in the city dump.

Blessings ...

Reply to Thread New Thread