LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
Flikemommoilt

Default Help the cause of what happend to Bella
I e-mailed the man this happend to and I am doing him one better for his dog. Most of you read the post about his dog that was killed by an AC officer, so for all you facebookers here is the page "Justice for Bella"

Thanks to all who helps the cause.

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I know it says incompatible browser, but the link works, if not just Facebook search "Justice for Bella"

Old 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Nzmoafzn

Truely sad and tragic. The officer should be fired.

However, I watched the video linked in the info section of the Facebook page and I have to say I primarily blame the owner. The dog was left unsupervised in a yard while the family was at dinner away from home. The fence was comprised of a low fence made of wood and some chicken wire-ish fencing, also low. I don't believe it to have been even remotely secure for such an athletic breed. Had the dogs been tethered, in crates in the house, in secure outdoor kennels or even loose in the house this tragedy woud never have happened because the dog would never have been loose.
http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/local/92833669.html

Old 12-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
ffdfriendforurr

Wow, something tells me had that not been a pit bull there wouldnt have been any shooting going on. I do agree that its part the owerns fault, I wouldnt trust that fencing set up with any breed of dog, espically a pit bull. But none the less had it not been a pit bull that they couldnt catch I doubt they would have shot her and I agree he should get fired for that. If there was true aggression then thats a different story but from what I heard it sounded more like she was just running away (be it from fear or playing). I know Harley loves a good game of 'catch me if you can' and if he thinks anyone is trying to catch him in a large open area he will take off and the more you chase him the less likely you are to catch him (glad I dont live around there, he would probably be shot too if he ever got loose because he would think it was a game)

Old 12-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
esdfsdflast

That officer needs to be fired, and the laws reguarding dogs as property needs to be changed. my dogs are members of my family and i will defend them as i would my son.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
Flikemommoilt

That officer needs to be fired, and the laws reguarding dogs as property needs to be changed. my dogs are members of my family and i will defend them as i would my son.
Couldn't agree more.

As far as him partly being at fault, yes, securing your dogs should be number 1 to avoid any type of situation like this.

But excessive use of force, and pure laziness is something that must be taken care of right now, and they need to be made an example out of. Too bad the laws here in NC are gone to shit.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
fudelholf

RIP baby pup :'( once again, its the owners fault.

Reply to Thread New Thread