LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #1
Ltftujkg

Default dogs on airplaines
Here is the situation. We are moving to Arizona from Wisconsin. I'm leaving tomarrow finding a place. Original plan my husband would fly out one of my dogs and he would drive out with the other. Then I find out today they may not let us because of the heat. Makes sense now that I think of it. The two dogs are too much for him to handle and Twinkie is an escape artist so I don't trust her with anyone else. So what do you think? Should I just take her in the car with me tomarrow and drive out with her? Talk about last minute decisions.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
FLOMOUSLY

Do you have a place for both you and the dog to stay? If you do, then I'd say go ahead and bring one with you. A lot of airlines won't fly dogs in the hot months, because the cargo area (where they put dogs) is not air conditioned and can get SUPER hot.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
Frjrbefd

Take her in the car with you...
Especially if your driving alone, you get bored.. i drove from Georgia to California by myself and well the boredom insanity started setting in around Texas.
I think there is a member on here who just recently did some traveling with their dogs, or was planning to. Maybe someone could find that thread and you could review some of the posts.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Got it..

Traveling with dogs - General Dog Discussions

Old 04-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
Duaceanceksm

I'd take her with me. You can either crate her or seat belt her in with a harness, but make sure you do one or the other, especially if she's an escape artist. You stop to get gas, open the door, and poof!, she's off like a bullet! Seat belt her in, or crate her in the back. If you have seats that fold down, taking a crate will not be hard to do. If she freaks out with traffic, you can cover her crate so she doesn't see cars going past.

Make sure you take not only a leash, but a tie out chain as well, in case you get to the new place and need to tie her out for a minute. However, that being said, while I think it's a good idea to take a tie out, I wouldn't tie her out and leave her unattended.

Be sure to take a water bowl and a couple of gallons of water with you for stops. And let us know how the trip goes.

Reply to Thread New Thread