LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
resegooredo

Default I thought this ad on CL was a little funny..
I am looking to adopt a dog into my family! I would love a dog that can go for long walks and hikes but doesn't have that "puppy" energy anymore. I do work full time, so the dog would have to be okay by itself during the day.
Must be good with other dogs, ideally cats as well. Mixed breeds are welcome- no pit bulls please.

There's so many dogs needing a home in shelters why not go there.. I seriously dont get people!!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
ElisasAUG

They probably don't own the place they live in... Either that or they're just your typical uneducated member of the public that will LOVE a little anklebiter but dare offer them a "pit bull" that is sweeter than anything and they recoil in horror...

Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
resegooredo

They probably don't own the place they live in... Either that or they're just your typical uneducated member of the public that will LOVE a little anklebiter but dare offer them a "pit bull" that is sweeter than anything and they recoil in horror...
yeah exactly! I just get so frustrated on how people are so uneducated on the breed, then they have the nerve to say things like this. I guess the media dont help at all but i feel so helpless. I hate that feeling!

Old 03-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
frequensearules

Maybe they ran this ad before and got buried in pit bulls that needed homes? Our breed is pretty over-represented on there.

And, this breed isn't for everyone! Maybe they love going to the dog park?

Old 03-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
resegooredo

Maybe they ran this ad before and got buried in pit bulls that needed homes? Our breed is pretty over-represented on there.

And, this breed isn't for everyone! Maybe they love going to the dog park?
Yeah that's a possibility. Well i just hope its for the right reason rather than uneducated. Don't get me wrong its not like i want everyone to get a pit bull but i just get frustrated on people that think too much on what the media says and shows about the breed rather than them really understanding the breed and getting to know a pit bull from a responsible owner.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
frequensearules

I get frustrated too, so I try to find benign explanations for as many things as possible. It's so easy to get hyper-sensitive when you own these guys!

Old 03-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
resegooredo

I get frustrated too, so I try to find benign explanations for as many things as possible. It's so easy to get hyper-sensitive when you own these guys!
Yeah exactly!

Old 03-24-2010, 04:05 AM   #8
cQT6nmEc

This is exactly the reason I NEVER go to CL and even look at stuff... I would spend all day long, every day, trying to educate them about the breed, until they ended up kicking me off.

Reply to Thread New Thread