LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Arximedus

Default saw my dogs tenacity last night
Think my other dog started my "treeing " a Possum .. What ever got her sister excited must be destroyed. It was on limb just above our fence . Knuckles cleared a five foot chain link fence in a jump into my neighbors yard .

He has an electric wire on the other side to keep his mastiff in . she repeatedly jumped into the wire still trying to get the marsupial intruder.

even when she was in between the fence and a wooden fence with only 6 to 12 inches of gap between she was still jumping 5 feet in the air. did not quit until I could remove the possum .

several scratches and a burn did not stop her .. ( she is fine )

when it was all over her only concern was if I was pleased or not . she came running up as if to say " did I do good daddy "

Old 10-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
ebBPxIai

that is funny... at my house at 4:20 this morning, while I was out back with my dogs, they found a possum in my back yard too....
must be the day for those critters...

Old 10-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
Xibizopt

My jrt co breeder pretty much just has them to get the possums out from under the chickenhouse.

Possums are good quarry... and yes- apbt never lost their terrier, lol! They will hunt and kill no matter what's in their way!

Old 10-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
Nothatspecial

Lol. In the summer I always have to check the backyard for squirrils. It always amazes how determine they can be.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
pepBarihepe

Thats an APBT for ya!!

Old 10-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #6
cQT6nmEc

That prey drive can be way strong, and they seem to ignore anything in between the path from them to the "intruder". I'm sure she was wanting to know if she did a good job protecting you from it. Mollie keeps me safe on a daily basis from the killer birds in our area.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
xochex

LOL! Yeah, it's amazing to see what they can do when they REALLY want to! MJ has scaled trees before to get to raccoons/possums. It's an amazing sight!

Old 10-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
chppjdf

At least it wasn't a skunk!

Old 10-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
xochex

Oh yea! That would've warranted a trip to a store that sells tomato sauce in BULK!

Old 10-04-2010, 01:51 AM   #10
Queueftof

Before I open the door to let the dog out I bang on it to chase whatever is in the yard out because the dog loves chasing squirrels. Once I let her out and she leaped into the air had to be five feet off the ground like she was flying and she bit a birds head off. At first I didn't know it was a bird but I looked down and this bird was on its back shaking and I see blood coming out where the head should be so I walk over to where I saw something fly in the air and there laid the birds head

Old 11-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
Celeliamend

I have possums,raccoons,chickens squirrels and armadillos I need to watch for. So far none of them have been hurt but the armadillo incident was a riot. Flung him by his tail at 3:30 in the morning. Thank goodness no bites just scratches.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #12
Xibizopt

Oh yea! That would've warranted a trip to a store that sells tomato sauce in BULK!
tomato sauce is ok... but you know what completely removes the smell?
SCENTED WOMEN'S DOUCHE.

i know... it's nasty. and embarrassing.
but i had a dog who got skunked, and i tried the tomato sauce, she just smelled like oregano scented skunk, so i called the local ACO, and she told me douche. it worked the first time.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:10 AM   #13
we0MA4MI

SCENTED WOMEN'S DOUCHE.

but i had a dog who got skunked, and i tried the tomato sauce, she just smelled like oregano scented skunk, so i called the local ACO, and she told me douche. it worked the first time.
I can imagine the looks you would get from the cashier buying douches in bulk.

Lucy keeps the yard safe from the morbidly obese squirrels my neighbor feeds (she throws what appears to be a whole loaf of bread on her front lawn everyday. I deal with the fat squirrel over flow).

Old 11-04-2010, 02:54 AM   #14
chppjdf

SCENTED WOMEN'S DOUCHE.

I used Downy fabric softener. Actually worked pretty good minus giving my hands a freakin' chemical burn. Good thing Arez has tough skin. Had to throw her collar out though. Dumb dog. For future referance, a skunk is NOT a cat, and keeping your nose out of it's ass may be something to consider in the future.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:23 AM   #15
Xibizopt

Lol!
Don't worry, douche is meant for sensitive skin! No harsh chemicals involved!
Only it made me wonder- if its so good at removing skunk smell, that sort of worries me about what its meant to be used for... oh ew.

You gotta go all the way though and buy the economy huge package and some buscuits. Throw in a bottle of conditioner, and people really start to wonder!

Old 12-04-2010, 02:54 AM   #16
we0MA4MI

Lol!
Don't worry, douche is meant for sensitive skin! No harsh chemicals involved!
Only it made me wonder- if its so good at removing skunk smell, that sort of worries me about what its meant to be used for... oh ew.

You gotta go all the way though and buy the economy huge package and some buscuits. Throw in a bottle of conditioner, and people really start to wonder!
Ha! It's like that shopping game, where you get a bunch of weird stuff to see what your cashier's reaction will be. You get bonus points for keeping a straight face.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:16 AM   #17
Xibizopt

Ha! It's like that shopping game, where you get a bunch of weird stuff to see what your cashier's reaction will be. You get bonus points for keeping a straight face.
oooo i wanna play!! only i can not keep a straight face for long...

Reply to Thread New Thread