LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
Soolfelpecelf

Default Craigslist
Well here it goes, backyard breeding is a mandatory event(in my town)...
You won't change it, neither will i...
It is sad, and i see it daily, but it will still occur, "Craigslist" for example, in your area or mine, and any other local "free listing" site will always have our breed of choice listed...
It's sad, it hurts, it makes us feel like we should have...could have done more.
WE CAN NOT, im sorry, i just read the postings on these pages and i crumble... not that it matters to most, but it is saddening to me...
Our poor breed becomes subject to this MALICE specific racism due to the irresponsibility of MOST.

"PLEASE USE OUR SEARCH OPTION, IT HELPS, I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE!"

-CODY, CHRISTIAN & HEAVEN

Old 12-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
UKkoXJvF

It is very sad - I check craigslist everyday and flag everyone selling puppies. There was someone selling 5 week old blue APBT puppies. 5 WEEKS OLD!

Old 12-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
Unonounaple

If people keep buying...they will keep breeding!

Old 12-20-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
SkeniaInhilla

It is very sad - I check craigslist everyday and flag everyone selling puppies. There was someone selling 5 week old blue APBT puppies. 5 WEEKS OLD!
thats just sad. those poor pups...
i can only imagine where theyre gonna wind up.
and wheres animal control- i hope they investigated that person.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:44 AM   #5
UKkoXJvF

I notified the shelter manager up in that area and she sent the ACO officer out on the case. Not sure what actually happened. Yes, it is a shame because those dogs will wind up as bait, or fighting dogs, or chained out in someone's backyard and used to pump out puppies.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
Roneyslelry

I cant stand craigslist flaggers!! those people need to get a life. let me tell you something, maybe it might be better that they sell them on craigslist rather than throw the puppy in a garbage can or torture it to death because they couldnt find someone to take them. or stick them in the backyard and wait for them to die.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
UKkoXJvF

I cant stand craigslist flaggers!! those people need to get a life. let me tell you something, maybe it might be better that they sell them on craigslist rather than throw the puppy in a garbage can or torture it to death because they couldnt find someone to take them. or stick them in the backyard and wait for them to die.
Maybe they shouldn't breed their dogs and then try to sell them. If they were GOOD breeders, they wouldn't be breeding mixes, and they would have a waiting list of people wanting their puppies. Plus, selling puppies at 5 weeks is pretty much like a walking death wish.

And if they weren't breeding on purpose then they should have gotten their dogs spayed/neutered to prevent yet ANOTHER litter of unwanted pups. If they can't afford to spay/neuter then they shouldn't own a pet.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
pGJLweEw

Atlanta's Craigslist breaks my heart, there are hundreds of backyard breeders selling pits on there.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #9
Helloheshess

I notified the shelter manager up in that area and she sent the ACO officer out on the case. Not sure what actually happened. Yes, it is a shame because those dogs will wind up as bait, or fighting dogs, or chained out in someone's backyard and used to pump out puppies.
NOT every puppy will end up in the hands of "dog-fighters" and there is nothing wrong with having a dog on a proper chain set-up in your backyard at all. And how would know if they end up being bait dogs? People do look on craiglist to find pets for their families. And last time I checked they are within their rights to post what they want on the internet within reason.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:22 AM   #10
SkeniaInhilla

within reason yes, but its illegal to sell a puppy at 5 weeks!
now im not sure of the specifics of the add as i didint see this one, but in the majority of states, law mandates the pup must be at least 8 weeks.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

to play devils advocate, its also possible that the seller was simply advertising early
to ensure the puppies were placed...

Old 12-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
HornyMolly

all i'm gonna say is that i hate BYBs, irresponsible owners/breeders

Old 12-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #12
avdddcxnelkaxz

NOT every puppy will end up in the hands of "dog-fighters" and there is nothing wrong with having a dog on a proper chain set-up in your backyard at all. And how would know if they end up being bait dogs? People do look on craiglist to find pets for their families. And last time I checked they are within their rights to post what they want on the internet within reason.
However, craigslist terms of use specifies no sales and no breeding. So if they want to do either, they should go somewhere else.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #13
perpelverw

I cant help but to look at CL and the local animal shelter. Right now there is a guy listing a pit he just got a week ago from the shelter and wants to rehome him because the dog is aggressive to the cat. Well duh! That is managable. Then another person posted to rehome a pit that has had 3 new dogs entered into her home/life in the last 6 months and now she is acting dominant with them and the kids in the house. Well duh! and then there are the puppies from the back yard breeders who usually get flagged as well. I wish I could save every one of them... but I would need acreage!

Old 12-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #14
gundorana

If people keep buying...they will keep breeding!
This is a sad, but true, fact.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
klubneras

i hate back yard breeder all they do is hurt the breed thats it no good comes from it

Old 12-24-2009, 03:20 AM   #16
UKkoXJvF

I'm against leaving any dog chained outside for it's life. In my opinion, it's a sad things for a dog and I would never DREAM of doing that to one of my own. However, regardless to any points I could make on that, that would be fighting a loosing battle and besides the point. And I would know that they wind up being bait dogs. I work at a shelter and I see it all the time. We bust dog fighting rings and get the poor mangled pups that they've subjected to being bait dogs ALL THE TIME. Finally, no, they are not within their rights as Craigslist doesn't allow you to 'sell' puppies and the city of Wilmington (in DE) has regulations that all pitbulls must be registered and spayed/neutered. It's illegal to breed/sell pitbulls and I can without a doubt say that these people do not have kennel licenses and their dogs have probably never even been vaccinated. Plus, selling puppies at 5 weeks of age is illegal as well. People shouldn't breed period. All breeding these dogs is doing is creating unwanted puppies that will wind up being bad examples of the breed.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:12 AM   #17
Hankie

GRRR! Five weeks! I don't sell my puppies until they are at least TWELVE WEEKS! That is more than twice the age of those puppies! But to my stunning I found three week old puppies for sale! I almost commited suicide!!!! Evil people!!! Those dogs grow up without the socialization that they so desperately need! The love and attention, they need! It is so sad, and it must be stopped!

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I'm against leaving any dog chained outside for it's life. In my opinion, it's a sad things for a dog and I would never DREAM of doing that to one of my own. However, regardless to any points I could make on that, that would be fighting a loosing battle and besides the point. And I would know that they wind up being bait dogs. I work at a shelter and I see it all the time. We bust dog fighting rings and get the poor mangled pups that they've subjected to being bait dogs ALL THE TIME. Finally, no, they are not within their rights as Craigslist doesn't allow you to 'sell' puppies and the city of Wilmington (in DE) has regulations that all pitbulls must be registered and spayed/neutered. It's illegal to breed/sell pitbulls and I can without a doubt say that these people do not have kennel licenses and their dogs have probably never even been vaccinated. Plus, selling puppies at 5 weeks of age is illegal as well. People shouldn't breed period. All breeding these dogs is doing is creating unwanted puppies that will wind up being bad examples of the breed.
Thank you!

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

What is saddening to me is that I found o my cousin had a litter of Pit Bull puppies, I don't trust him. I didn't even know he had Pits! I am scared that he is fighting them. Goodness, I need to find out, but he lives in FL and I live in TX. There isn't anyway for me to contact him, he won't write me, I need to get down there somehow.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
Aagotiq

bait dogs? that was made up by the hsus,no dogman ive ever known used a dog as bait.why?because with an apbt you never needed bait!and as far as chains go,most dogs need to be on a chain,not all the time but when they are outside without supervision they need to be on one.lets not pretend that these dogs cant do any damage to anything and it would just be irresponsible to believe that they cant!

Old 12-29-2009, 04:22 AM   #19
giturbewan

I got my Lucy from CL. Some guy got her from a backyard breeder, then didn't check if his apartment complex allowed dogs, let alone pitties. So 2 weeks later he had to get rid of her. Lucky for her I got her (she was a real steal in my opinion, she's been an amazing dog from the start).

After I got her, my boyfriend wanted to breed her (his friend talked him into it). I showed him the post on here about breeding your dog. He hadn't even thought about all the things that could go wrong during mating, pregnancy, delivery and selling. Needless to say, he changed his mind immediately. Since then he's been a big advocate of spaying and neutering, and Lucy got to be a spayed lady.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:32 AM   #20
blogwado

I'm against leaving any dog chained outside for it's life. In my opinion, it's a sad things for a dog and I would never DREAM of doing that to one of my own. However, regardless to any points I could make on that, that would be fighting a loosing battle and besides the point.
I have to admit there was a day when I felt the same way. I thought chains were so mean. I now chain my own dogs, because I have found there is a right way to do it, and as long as the dog is getting the basic essentials plus exercise and love/attention, it doesn't matter if the dog is in the house, in a pen, or on a chain.

And I would know that they wind up being bait dogs. I work at a shelter and I see it all the time. We bust dog fighting rings and get the poor mangled pups that they've subjected to being bait dogs ALL THE TIME.
They caught the people in an actual pit fighting the dogs, and caught them in the actual act of using the dog as a "bait dog"? If not, then it is all speculation.

People shouldn't breed period. All breeding these dogs is doing is creating unwanted puppies that will wind up being bad examples of the breed.
Every single breeding whether responsible or not should be outlawed? For a certain period of time or always? If always, do you want dogs to disappear?

Reply to Thread New Thread