LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
AriaDesser

Default WOW! NEVER had such a great encounter!
as I was walking my 5 months old pup today, I met this lady, around 40-45 years old.

she actually RAN behind me and asked me to stop. so I did and asked her if she was lost and needed directions, and she politly excused herself for disturbing me and said

"I'm currently looking for a dog for my 17 year old son and I just LOVE the look of your pup"

and me thinking: here we go again!

so I basically told her cash (thinking it would scare her away lol) that he was an american pit bull terriër and how he has LOTS of energy, there tendencie to be DA, the bad image that comes along with the breed etc

and she was almost begging to know more!
told me her son was looking for the perfect breed that could keep up with him. he basically needed a high energy dog...

conversation went on for another HOUR (lol! I tend to forget time when I'm talking dogs ) and she politely asked my phone number because she would be very interested in learning more and spending some time with me and my pup, who she totally fell in love with!

she called me tonight (about a couple hours ago, yes it's 11:30 in the evening here) and asked me if I wanted to meet her for a walk with the dogs (she has a spaniël type mutt) to talk more about the breed and it's needs

I NEVER would expect to have such encounters one day!
we'll see how it turns out tomorrow...

she seemed to understand about DA... wich was the best part lol... most people I talk to IRL don't have a clue about DA and/or refuse to understand you can't train it out.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
maks_holi

I love it when people come in to things with an open mind and WANT to learn!

Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
lomonel

happy for you had a great encounter.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:40 AM   #4
InsManKV

That's great! Way better than any encounter I have had, and I have had some good ones. Also great about the DA thing, usually you go there and they are turned off or completely disagree that the breed can be like that. Good luck! I hope the next visit is as promising! Let us know.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
attlawqa

wow that is great, I hope tomarrow goes well. That is one family down just a few billion more to go to have no chance of BSL anywhere (yes I beg to dream )

Reply to Thread New Thread