LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
Anykeylo

Default Victoria Stillwell( It's me or the dog)
Do you think she is better than Caesar?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
indocrew

I watch these shows and can't help but think alot of this is common sense or just fairly basic. I do feel however that Cesar sometimes seems to do things that could cause more harm than good. I will however say that I don't know how he can meet a strange dog and make it sit by looking at it and putting up his hand. But then again it is TV. Victoria Stilwell seems to be a normal lady with her head on right. It seems to me she corrects the people's behaviors. Which in turn lets the dog know what is expected of it.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
bypeTeenehalT

Yes.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
Hpdovoxm

I think in the long run most of her techniques will work better and the whole family will be able to command the dog. With Cesar's stuff, not everyone in the family is going to be able to control the dog and become a pack leader. You can't expect your 80 yr old grandma to alpha roll a 60 pound pitbull can you? lol I think he can read dog body language really well and he is awesome at finding cures for most anxiety and agression issues. I like Victoria for a new puppy and Cesar for an unstable dog.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
indocrew

I do like Cesar for what he Does for our breed! No matter what I think about his techniques.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #6
Anykeylo

I do like Cesar for what he Does for our breed! No matter what I think about his techniques.
I like him....just not the way he puts dogs into uncomfortable situations. Like when he put that dog with a very high prey drive right next to a cage with a rabbit in it. My dogs are very well trained and I wouldn't dare put any of them near anything fuzzy. When Dante was a pup I thought it was cute to take pictures of him with the pet bunny. Yea it was cute until he was about 9 months old. Then the small fuzzy things became food. Now, He'd have those bars chewed and have that rabbit before I could blink.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
Borrinas

I've moved your thread to the General Dog Discussion forum, the Chit Chat forum is for Non-dog related topics.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
mrllxp

Stillwells techniques are better in the long run. Ceasars are a quick fix, and a normal family won't be able to safely pin a dog who's viciously struggling to kill a human or other dog until it's calm, every time it happens. His style works for HIM, Victoria makes hers work for individuals.

Recently one of the dogs he 'changed', a spitz breed, had all of his teeth pulled at the owners request because after Ceasar left, she could replicate what he did and the dog continued his behavior.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #9
Seerseraxlils

Recently one of the dogs he 'changed', a spitz breed, had all of his teeth pulled at the owners request because after Ceasar left, she could replicate what he did and the dog continued his behavior.
say whaaaat? i have a hard time believing that someone can have their dog's teeth pulled. i would think puting them down would be more humane...

Old 01-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
indocrew

I like him....just not the way he puts dogs into uncomfortable situations. Like when he put that dog with a very high prey drive right next to a cage with a rabbit in it. My dogs are very well trained and I wouldn't dare put any of them near anything fuzzy. When Dante was a pup I thought it was cute to take pictures of him with the pet bunny. Yea it was cute until he was about 9 months old. Then the small fuzzy things became food. Now, He'd have those bars chewed and have that rabbit before I could blink.
Absolutley. The up side is that he is in a position to show millions of people how great the "pit bull" can be.

say whaaaat? i have a hard time believing that someone can have their dog's teeth pulled. i would think puting them down would be more humane...
I heard of it being done. Its even been discussed on here before. In my opinion its crazy.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #11
womberte

i use both methods both work some work better with different dogs

Ashley

Old 01-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #12
ricochettty

Just remember, regardless of which one you like best, that there is a whole weeks worth of taping, editing, cutting.... that ends up on the edit room floor that you never see.... they tape all week long, all day, and you get the best 30 minutes of all of that taping.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #13
V8V8V8

Cesar is good at training people. I do not watch Victoria Stillwell, so I really cannot comment on her

Old 01-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
GeraldCortis

Personally I like Victoria better because she holds the owners accountable for their dogs' bad behavior and I also think she's more realistic in terms of what can be done with a dog, whereas Cesar thinks every dog can be fixed.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #15
kilibry

I like a lot of Cesar's ideas better...but I think she's better when it comes to most people (and safer).

Old 01-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #16
Evsltkzl

She's certainly more attractive

I also like her loss hostile approach to dogs. She teaches people how to get their dogs to -want- to do the right thing as opposed to being forced into doing it.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #17
LSDDSL

If I had the opportunity to pick one to train with I would pick Victoria.

I would be interested in hearing Cesar's input...but I wouldn't actually let him touch my dog.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #18
ElisasAUG

I like Victoria better. I think what she does is safer and more easily accomplished by the general public than what Cesar does.

I would allow her to train/handle any of my dogs, I like how she handles the dogs. I would NOT let Cesar touch my dogs. I wouldn't mind talking to him or getting his opinion, but he isn't going to correct my dogs.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:41 AM   #19
carlsberg21

Victoria is on the list of people I want to meet before I die. Her method isn't so much dog training as it is human training. Almost every single thing she does requires the owner to be like, oh, I've been doing it wrong and putting my dog in the wrong kind of situations. I think she is much more successful, and shows people it's not the DOG, it's the OWNER, which is almost always the case.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #20
mrllxp

Oops, the story I read said they PULLED... not filed
They call it "Canine Disarming"
Stopping Vicious Dogs with Canine Disarming
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPkSZ7gBTk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPkSZ7gBTk[/ame]

Reply to Thread New Thread