LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
grinaJanoDant

Default Long time no see,
What's good peoples! Been busy handling business. But anyway, got an issue I'm dealing with right now.....Just moved in some new apts. They really dont allow pits but I told em she was a mix rescue. Anyhow, the neighbors in the next breezeway are some lazy bastards who just open the door and let their lab run the complex for hours. The problem with this besides the leash law is the fact the he charges people, growling an barking......When I got to take Malika out to handle her biz, here he comes and she cant go because he runs up in a aggressive manner..... Now I've reported them to the office and courtesy patrol has been called but the bastards never show up.....I don't really wanna hurt the dog but I feel like he leaves me no choice....When I go out now I take the .45 and thought about firing a warning shot to scare him off but if it backfires and pisses him off even more I will have no choice but to put him down and that's really not the route I want to take...... any suggestions?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
makemoneyonli

I've moved your thread to the General Dog Discussion forum, the Chit Chat forum is for Non-dog related topics.

I'd check the leash laws in your area and call A.C
Also take pics or vids of this dog unleashed, being confrontational.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
grinaJanoDant

Debbie, I see you're still "moving" stuff around! LOL

Thanks for the re-direction and the input!

Old 01-15-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
V8V8V8

Truk? Is it really you?

Ditto to what Debbie said and it's good to see you Truk

Old 01-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
retyopj

Hey stranger, welcome back!
Give another ANGRY call to the manager, follow up with animal control. WHen you see psycho lab outside, snap off some pics for proof the dog is always outside off leash.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
Gubocang

TRUK T.WHERE YOU BEEN MY BOY??
im goin thru the SAME thing right now.I just moved into my new house and i only have one neighbor who let their black lab out and forget shes outside.when trey or tila are out (always leashed),the dog rushes us...ive talked to the owner of dog and explained that mydogs are APBTs and that they dont like strange dogs.The lab still runs loose and gets in my trash....ive called ACO and NOTHING......im ready to shoot the dog,the only reason i havent is beacuse i have to live next to the people for a long time...

Old 01-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
ricochettty

Contact the management of the place where you live. Tell them that if they can't enforce the leash laws, that you will contact Animal Control, because he is breaking the law by not having his dog on a leash when outside at all times. Tell them that while you are trying to take your dog out on a leash and obey the leash laws, this unruly dog is coming over and harassing your dog and if management can't stop it, you will contact Animal Control. You might also type out a note saying the same thing and slip it under your neighbors door or in his mail box. After you contact management and give the guy a letter stating that you will contact AC if he doesn't comply, and you know he's gotten home and had a chance to read the letter, then follow through. You are doing nothing wrong and are trying to obey the laws, this idiot could end up ruining it for all the tenants by having the rules changed to no dogs at all. People drive me nuts sometimes!

Old 01-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
hitaEtela

Big Daddy J in da house, is good to see ya bro, been wondering where ya was I too would do as suggested by Nana and the others, pics and report it to AC and the management but keep carry a weapon just in case, ya never know

Old 01-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #9
gniewkoit

I'd have to say, I wouldn't say much. This is why.

As i'm sure you know, all a dog has to do is look like a pit bull to be called a pit bull. Now, if you are living in an apartment where they do not allow "pit bulls" and you have one, your putting yourself at risk. Even if you call it a mix, animal control, can come and say otherwise. Plus, the manager can do the same. If the people you call on find out the guy with a pit bull is calling and complaining about them, they are liable to use that agaisnt you, and you could be the one out on your ass.

I don't think i'd say anything really. It most likely would end up with you beibg the bad guy. For the simple fact that even if they are breaking rules, so are you, and you will be the one to pay the harsher consequence. Hey, if your out and the dog is running loose without the owner, take it to the pound, ninja style.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
riverakathy

Just a thought re: that 'warning shot'....DON'T DO IT. If you do fire a warning shot, you will likely be guilty of violating NUMEROUS laws (discharging a firearm within X many feet of a residence, within town limits, so on and so forth...it will be a long list).

The only time you should clear leather is if you are forced to put one in the dog...if that happens, it is self defense. Firing warning shots in the air does not qualify as self defense and as a result will be inexcusable in the eyes of the law.

Good luck...

Old 01-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #11
grinaJanoDant

HEEEEEY! thanks for the input everybody, I will take it in and use it accordingly....

Trey, whats good fella, How' the pups and who's dog is that in yo avatar!

Abptmom, how's your PACK doing? Hope all is well with you!

Galadriel, I been wanting to get a banner made but need to get some good pics!

Thomas, thanks for keeping me on the "good side" of the law! LOL

Old 01-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
Hofonom

Hey you.. glad youre back.

Everyone has ya covered I see. Management, AC, photo's.. Id also look into mace or something like that in case that dog comes charging again.

Reply to Thread New Thread