LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
GennadiyRom

Default We want to give away $1,200 this Holiday Season- to the dogs and to you!
Hey, You Crazy Kids!

We've got some great news: We're running our 3rd annual Holiday Contest over at demo-dog.com -- the official site of Demo: The Story of a Junkyard Dog -- and we're hoping it's going to be our biggest yet!

Our Goal:
• Donate $1,000 to a Pit Bull Rescue - that you vote for.
• Give $150 to one lucky customer
• Give away TWO copies of "Demo" Pawtographed by 4 very special Michael Vick dogs

Check out all the details here: http://www.demo-dog.com/childrens-book-XmasPage.html

We can make it all happen if we're able to sell 300, holiday-sale-priced copies of "Demo" between Nov 23rd and Jan 1st.

We'll still donate 20% of our gross if we fall short, but I believe we can hit the 300 mark with your support. (If we go over 300, our donation amount will grow accordingly).

So, please help spread word to your network and get the vote out! Demo is a great way to combat BSL thinking and if your Holiday budget has room we'd love to be on it!

Good luck, and much love to you and the pooches!

Old 04-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Belindanan

DEMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
AccusaJalsBub

Looking forward to getting the book for my friend's daughter who is in love with my dog

Old 04-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
Lotyqnag

when did the actual voting start?

Old 06-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
GennadiyRom

when did the actual voting start?
About a week ago. It's a marathon, not a sprint so there's definite opportunity for leadership change.

On a side note, sales were extremely brisk in the beginning and we're just over 100 books sold, (number to be updated on site) but we've slowed down. I'm hoping to see sales continue at a strong rate so that we can make our goal. For $13+shipping, you're given a chance to win $150! Not bad, plus you're spreading a great anti-BSL message.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
doksSirmAdods

Definitely gotta put this on the "must have for Christmas list" this year!!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
GennadiyRom

Rock on! Hey we just fixed a glitch in the poll that wasn't allowing participants from re-voting after 12hrs. It affected people everywhere and didn't hamper any one group of voters, but rather everyone at the same time.

We've changed the re-vote time limit to 6hrs as well, so you can vote more often for your favorite rescue! So don't forget to get the vote out!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
ThomasMannfanny

Yay! I was wondering why it kept saying my vote had already been counted.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:49 AM   #9
ThomasMannfanny

ContestUpdate

Old 11-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #10
Dkavtbek

That's to bad, sorry to hear that John.
Everyone should get the book it is absolutely adorable!!

Old 12-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #11
GennadiyRom

Good news! Our revised polling method is up and running! We are only polling our customers at this time, but the verified tally from our first poll, before the "hack" still counts and all rescues are still eligible. We will balance out the results from the first poll with the results of this customer poll to decide the winning rescue. Read the official revision HERE.

We've contacted all the customers who've already purchased and they are emailing us their vote. All new customers can vote in a field just above our "buy now" button.

Thanks again for all your love and support!

CONTEST PAGE

Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
GennadiyRom

I want to thank you all for your support for this year's contest, to spreading the word and making room on your holiday shopping list for our little book that could.

Christmas is right around the corner and we're fast approaching the Mon, 3pm EST deadline for holiday delivery on all orders of Demo: The Story of a Junkyard Dog.

To date, we've sold 202 books! We've 88 more to go by Jan 1st to reach our magic number of 300 and our $1,000 donation goal, but with our current total, we're set to giveaway $523 to a very lucky Pit Bull rescue, as well as $50 to a lucky customer -- and don't forget those two Michael Vick Dog pawtographed copies of Demo -- also going to two lucky customers!

So here's to the Bullies, and the people who make the effort, great and small, to do right by them.

Best,

Jon Bozak

Visit the contest here

Old 12-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #13
ThomasMannfanny

Thanks again for your efforts, Jon! My book arrived last week and it is TOP NOTCH! I'm giving it as a Christmas present, but I may want to order another one for myself to keep! Will the autographed books only be available for this special promotion?

Jhumpa is owned by one of my fellow Out Of the Pits volunteers... if you need any help with getting the paw-tographs let me know!

Reply to Thread New Thread