LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
LookSe

The APBT is a great family dog, and definitely not a guard dog. But they are a medium sized dog, once you get into Ambully that is when they get bigger , now (someone will correct me if I am wrong) I am not 100% sure they have the same temperaments as the APBT, not sure if they are better as far as being around children, or the same. The dog will be friendly with people, I highly doubt they will allow a dog that is HA in a shelter, it would be put down. And also one more thing, you can get the perfect dog with no DA at all, and then 1 week, 1 year, 10 years down the road it can turn and be DA, its a trait in the breed and cannot be stopped only managed.

Good luck

Old 01-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #2
wmhardware

I want a dog that is friendly with people?
This Breed is Very Human Friendly!
and it would be a plus if they were dog tolerant or even better dog friendly. If you *must* have 2 dogs, this isnt the breed for you as 8 out of 10 times it prolly wont work out!
my answers in bold! i mean do whatever you want, but like i said dont be surprised if your dogs end up gettin into it later on down the road!
i also have 2 dogs (male & female) who literally grew up together, the boys just turned 2 and the girl just turned 3.
guess what?? they cant sleep together anymore, or be left together unsupervised! go figure!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
DevaRextusidis

A boxer would suit you down to the ground. Very kid friendly,usually dog friendly if its an opposite sex dog and they are alright guard dogs to boot.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
Scukonaher

thanks everyone

Well Sadie and I live with one other dog. They are literally together all day long without any problems. Don't get me wrong, they have gotten into some scuffles, but the last one was like 8 or 9 months ago and it was more noise than anything, neither have gotten hurt. I know a lot about this breed because I've done a lot of research, but I am still learning. Sadie has some issues with other dogs, but that's on leash so I don't let her meet other dogs unless in a controlled environment. Any dogs that come here, she is fine with. She gets all crazy and licks them the entire time... so annoying.

I would never leave any dogs unsupervised, I don't think you should do it with any breed. Sherman and Sadie are always supervised, and never left alone together.

Once I move, and Sadie is a little more matured I want to get another dog. I can manage Sadie around other dogs quite well, so if I got another dog and down the road they stopped getting along, I think I could make do like many people have.

Jim I have been thinking about getting a Boxer, because they are beautiful, but I don't like the look of all of them for some reason. Some don't really... appeal to me :P

BullyLover09 thanks for the info, although I knew most of it It's exactly why I LOVE this breed, they are people friendly, HA is not tolerated in this breed, great with children. Ambully's can be cute, but they aren't my cup of tea. I like the lean look of the APBT. Since Sadie is APBT I was looking for something different... choosing a dog is hard because they are ALL so beautiful!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #5
toksenveste

Regardless of what you get, always separate them when you can't supervise. I have 2 female APBT (mix?) and they get along great... which usually, it's recommended not to have 2 same sex dogs. But it is working fine for me. While I realize that can always change in the blink of an eye, so far, Bella and Mollie get along great and play well together. I think it's because Mollie is older and not so much into the "puppy stage" still, and Bella is very submissive. I know that things may change, but they are supervised anytime they are together, and Bella is crated when I leave for work.

Any dog, of any breed, can get into a fight, it's not just APBT's. The only way to prevent fights is supervision and a knowledge of what to look for with this, or any, breed, when they start to show signs of aggression.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:36 AM   #6
Scukonaher

Default New dog
I have one dog at the moment who is an APBT and Staffordshire bull terrier mix named Sadie. She is a year and a half right now, and when she is about 2 and a half maybe 3 I want to get another dog, a male, but not sure which is the best fit. I am not into tiny dogs, more medium sized to large. I'm so stuck on the bully breed, but I want to explore some other options. I will most likely be adopting from a shelter so mixes I will definitely accept.

I want a dog that is friendly with people, and it would be a plus if they were dog tolerant or even better dog friendly. Don't need a guard dog necessarily, but would need a dog that could be good with children, so like a family dog. I just want to research some breeds that would be a possible match just so I am ready once I decide to get another dog thanks!

Reply to Thread New Thread