LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
ambientambien

Default Do you share your food with your dogs?
Logan is fed a good diet but I do share my food with him. I give him enough so he can taste it and don't overdo it.

Tonight I am having lasagna and will give him a little bit of it. Once he had his taste he leaves the kitchen.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
aaaaaaaabbbby

Guilty!
My Beagle doesn't eat dog food much, he lives off of table scraps..... >___>
yeah yeah I know the whole not supposed to feed your dog off the table....but he's healthy and shiney. The vet always ask how he's got such a shiney and soft coat

He's VERY in-shape as well, if it's good enough for me....it's good enough for my dog

Old 01-12-2009, 03:18 AM   #3
Prererularl

No, I eat 1st then get his food ready and feed him. When we went through training I was told that this was the way to feed because pack leader eats 1st.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 AM   #4
ZenDers

Sometimes we will throw some table scraps to the inside dogs, and from time to time, we'll have food we can't eat, so, we let the outside dogs have it.

Though, I have heard that is a bad idea.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:20 AM   #5
gactanync

Ruger is allergic to a lot of things, so I don't share. But, I am really picky when I eat meat.. I have to cut off ALL the fat lol, so sometimes I'll give some of that to the dogs.

But other than that, Ruger begs enough as it is

Old 01-12-2009, 03:34 AM   #6
kictainiSot

no, I hate beggers and in my experience it is hard to stop so I never let it start.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:38 AM   #7
Gvadelunar

I give Molly bites while I'm eating but she only gets them if she is laying on her "rug". If not she has to go there and lie down first before she gets anything.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:00 AM   #8
Immonnaornach

I give any uneaten scraps to my dogs. The majority of the scraps go to Beowulf and Cupcake since they are the skinniest. I just would feel bad throwing the food away when something else would eat it.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:09 AM   #9
bellson

Just a small bite, ever once in awhile

Old 01-12-2009, 04:13 AM   #10
Ivanaishere

Sometimes

Old 01-12-2009, 05:13 AM   #11
BEyng6hj

I do sometimes. But not all the time even though a hound's face is the worst to they have those big puppy eyes. Damn those hounds. But mine don't get table scraps often.

Teal, I am with you I have to cut all the fat off my meat before I eat it. If I make tuna before I mix it with mayo - I give all the dogs and cats a little piece. But tuna is healthy anyways.

My dogs only like wendy's fries not the others haha.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:18 AM   #12
Aeaefee

The only time I share is in the car. Otherwise, no! They woudn't ever go lay down while I'm eating.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:23 AM   #13
nanyaHgoc

I will sometimes give them left overs in their bowls along with their dinner, but I don't feed them off my plate or anything. I'm with LL. I hate beggars. Especially with kids in the house. I don't want them snatchin' their food like the crazy nekkid cat does. Deeohgee is a HORRIBLE beggar. Horrible. And she can't have half the stuff anyway due to her allergies. lol Daemon's a bottomless pit so there is rarely anything left for the dogs.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 AM   #14
Fvmfrctt

They get healthy table scraps every now and then. Never *while* I am eating though...I can't stand a begging dog.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:37 AM   #15
Oswczrdz

Howie and I eat together. He cleans the plate when I'm done.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #16
myspacecoo

very rarely will i give my dogs human food, and if i do, they are in there kennels not next to me, i friggin hate beggers, my dogs dont even look at me when i am eating. my friend was over, and he droped a whole piece of pizza, bowzer grabed it and i pried it out of his mouth, all the way to his throat until i had it all out, the guy just looked at me and i said 'no effin way can he have that!!' LMAO!!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #17
nanyaHgoc

my friend was over, and he droped a whole piece of pizza, bowzer grabed it and i pried it out of his mouth, all the way to his throat until i had it all out, the guy just looked at me and i said 'no effin way can he have that!!' LMAO!!
OMG! I would so have done the same thing. Who am I kiddin'. I HAVE done the same thing! Venus snatched some KFC skin and bones while we were walking down the street. My hand was down her throat faster then she was able to enjoy the flavor.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #18
Inenuedbabnor

Absolutely Not! When I eat, I go to the living room couch. I actually don't mind the dogs on the couch when I eat but it's because they're good dogs... Kinda funny actually...I get my food from the kitchen...they see me heading to the couch...watching me...I sit down on my side of the couch and the dogs heads turn the other way so not to look at me...I don't have to say anything either...sometimes Gabriel if he's on the couch will jump on and go over to the love seat...They all do their darnedest not to watch me...kinda funny.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #19
endulundaSauh

Nope...but only because we are constantly fighting the battle of the buldge...

I am not opposed to sharing food with my dogs, but my two don't need it at their age.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #20
BypeVupyide

Guilty! Mine get leftovers and sometimes I cook extra just for them!

However, they are not to bother me while I'm eating. When I'm done, I'll give them some sometimes, not every time. *If* someone begs upclose, they get nothing. I don't care if they sit and drool across the room, just not up in my space!

Reply to Thread New Thread