LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-21-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
Wachearex

Default Ambully question
I am not trying to start a debate APBT vs Ambully, it has been bitten to death

Looking at the pictures on line and meeting a few owners the dogs look like they are on their last breath when they are 2 years old or older.
Sorry, I do not have access to the Ambully section of these forums to ask the question there, and most forums online regarding Ambullies appear like kennel promotions
Anyone can enlighten me?

Edit: oops, forgot the question, what is the average lifespan of an Ambully dog?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:44 AM   #2
mGUuZRyA

oops, forgot the question, what is the average lifespan of an Ambully dog?
Well I think therein lies the debate, which leads back to the "Ambully vs." argument ad nauseum, etc ...

Because how can they establish an average lifespan if they can't even define just what the breed IS, at least at this point in time?

Old 10-21-2009, 06:13 AM   #3
Arr34ston

my buddyes ambully lasted 3 years he bought him for 1,000

Old 10-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
Rnlvifov

if you want access to the American Bully section, PM purple for access.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
DghtRdc

Not ALL AmBullies are such a bad example. There are many Bullies out there that are well proportioned and healthy. Sadly, people dont seem to even understand what they actually have, therefore they have NO idea what it should actually look like or what they need to look for when purchasing a pup.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
Wachearex

Thank you all. The reason I asked is that the dogs I've seen so far do not look like a healthy bunch, heavy bodies on bowed legs, panting and in constant need to hydrate.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #7
R1king

Thank you all. The reason I asked is that the dogs I've seen so far do not look like a healthy bunch, heavy bodies on bowed legs, panting and in constant need to hydrate.
Many of them are headed down the same lines as english bulldogs, boston terriers and pugs, heavy leg and breathing issues, inability to breed or whelp naturally due to large heads and shoulders.

Basically steer clear of any breeding for extremes, muzzles are there so dogs can breathe, it's not something to go messing with, huge heads don't help anything but maybe your ego, same with extra weight on a dog, very bad on their joints.

I'll never understand what looks tough about a fat panting bowlegged dog that couldn't do anything althetic without dropping dead. Obviously not ALL bully breeders are like this but the vast majority, just like very few APBT are responsible, most are just byb's throwing any two dogs together. The dogs pay the price.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
MaickiP

Send a PM to Purple or Shon for access the the AmBully section

Old 10-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #9
Wachearex

Send a PM to Purple or Shon for access the the AmBully section
Not sure if I need a permanent access to that section.
I don't think there will be many questions from me on AmBullies.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Plus I am going to the CT meet for PB awareness, I am pretty sure there will be plenty of owners and kennels representing AmBully breeds. I will ask them about it too.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
iodigmaFemZem

Since Am Bullies have only been around 20 years or so,I don't know if there is an established average.There is also so much variance in type from xxl to short and wide,the numbers may be skewed.My dog is going to be 4 in Dec. and is in good health.There's a thread titled Fenway in the photo section if you'd like to do a search and see what he looks like.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=37707

link to the photo thread just in case anyone is curious.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #11
Wachearex

Since Am Bullies have only been around 20 years or so,I don't know if there is an established average.There is also so much variance in type from xxl to short and wide,the numbers may be skewed.My dog is going to be 4 in Dec. and is in good health.There's a thread titled Fenway in the photo section if you'd like to do a search and see what he looks like.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=37707

link to the photo thread just in case anyone is curious.
Now you can call me ignorant... What I saw and perceived as an AmBully was nothing what your dog looks like... I know I should not based my views on looks alone, but your dog is in an exceptional physical shape

Old 10-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #12
ZenDers

Now you can call me ignorant... What I saw and perceived as an AmBully was nothing what your dog looks like... I know I should not based my views on looks alone, but your dog is in an exceptional physical shape
That person has what is called the Classic style. There are different styles. Classic, XXL, and Pocket.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
iodigmaFemZem

Thanks for the compliment.He's bred from dogs full of Razors Edge,Hughzees and Moralez blood.If you look at the ABKC website there are several classes of bullies.A lot of the dogs you see now are bred to one extreme or the other.There are some very good breeding programs out there and many more not so good.I got lucky getting Fenway,believe me.The dogs that are kept heavy usually can't physically handle a work load,or have no drive.Fenway doesn't have a problem in either area.I think those problems will lead to a shorter life expectancy and more problems along the way.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #14
Caunnysup

I would like to know how tall he is. He looks great.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #15
iodigmaFemZem

Thanks,he's kinda tall.About 22" to the withers and in the low to mid 60's in weight in the photos.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #16
Caunnysup

I thought he looked tall but Bailey is 22" x23.5" ish and 52lbs.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:55 AM   #17
RG3rGWcA

that is a great looking dog brady, I didn't know ambullies could be that tall

Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #18
iodigmaFemZem

Thanks!There are some xxl bullies going 26" and above.I don't know what's being bred in to get that size but there are some very large dogs in that class.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:58 AM   #19
Gideleb

american bulldogs and mastiffs.

Reply to Thread New Thread