LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
dHXaE2h9

Default more discrimination against my vicious pitbull
I just left a local fair early. I was there with my 4 month old pit bull kingston and a friend. He's very well behaved. calm on a leash was sitting calmly by my feeting whenever we would stop. Some workers and "fair goers" petted and commented how cute he was. I was let onto the grounds with no problem by security. 20 minutes of being there an offcier approaches me and ask me what im doing here with a dog? which i thought was an odd question. I said im enjoying the fair. officer says he recieved complaints of a dog being there from a woman worried about being attacked by a vicious pitbull. I was pretty upset by the statement, but just to avoid a scene i calmnly left. I wont be going back to that fair. Just felt like venting how ignorance and intolerance is an infectuous disease.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

here's my vicious pit

Old 10-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
Grorointeri

I would of said the dogs a terrier mix. Let them be shocked at how loving the dog is when they find out it's an APBT.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
Arr34ston

OMG dont me started. when my pup was about 5 months i took him to my aunts house tied him out in the front i was sitting next to him. next thing i know the cops are talking to me about a complain that a vicious pitbull was out.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

my trainer park manager was scared that my 4 month pitbull was going to ripp his ass out

Old 10-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #4
DoctorGordanBens

You did the right thing by not making a scene. BUT ... I certainly would have complained to the park manager & let them know you OR your friends would NOT be patronizing their fair ever again AND you'd be spreading the word about how unkind they are to their PAYING patrons!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #5
Solo3uc4

Gotta love people. I would love to say "It isn't my dog you have to worry about, it's ME".

Old 10-24-2009, 12:22 AM   #6
Grorointeri

Gotta love people. I would love to say "It isn't my dog you have to worry about, it's ME".
qft

Old 10-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
sEe

Look at that blood thirsty beast. No wonder people were complaining. I just got the same deal happen to me in Money Mart so they no longer will get my business.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:31 AM   #8
dHXaE2h9

Look at that blood thirsty beast. No wonder people were complaining. I just got the same deal happen to me in Money Mart so they no longer will get my business.
I know i could hardly restrain him!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #9
MaickiP

That would have been an awesome comeback.... but, you handled it correctly. He looks like a beast to me.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:53 AM   #10
bribiaLaubysdggf

I had that happen to me recently at the dog park and here I thought that dog parks were for all. Some people are just stupid - you did the right thing.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:51 AM   #11
CAxrrAYN

I can not even conceive of how someone can look at a 4 month old puppy...that you could easliy scoop up and hold under 1 arm...and suggest with a straight face that they believed the dog was a threat to anything.

Is it just me? I mean that's laughable!!

Not that I'm suggesting I think it's OK to discriminate against well behaved adult pit bulls...

but come on! A 4 month old puppy!?!?!

Old 10-24-2009, 04:05 AM   #12
Grorointeri

I had that happen to me recently at the dog park and here I thought that dog parks were for all. Some people are just stupid - you did the right thing.
It's your choice but bully breeds do not belong at dog parks. I mean that in a good way, any dog that starts a fight with your dog, and your dog hurts that dog mild or severly, your dog will be blamed simply because of the breed by itself. They are a fighting breed bottom line and dog aggression is very common. We don't need another VICIOUS PIT BULL ATTACK, FATALLY MAULING FRIENDLY LABRADOR. Read up on dog parks as just dog parks and why even non fighting breed owners don't take there dogs there for various other reasons.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:07 AM   #13
sEe

It's your choice but bully breeds do not belong at dog parks. I mean that in a good way, any dog that starts a fight with your dog, and your dog hurts that dog mild or severly, your dog will be blamed simply because of the breed by itself. They are a fighting breed bottom line and dog aggression is very common. We don't need another VICIOUS PIT BULL ATTACK, FATALLY MAULING FRIENDLY LABRADOR. Read up on dog parks as just dog parks and why even non fighting breed owners don't take there dogs there for various other reasons.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:09 AM   #14
CAxrrAYN

I don't think he was at a dog park; I thought he said a "fair"...more like an organized event, tents with food, maybe some rides, people selling stuff...and he had the dog on a leash.

I've taken Veronica to craft and art fairs around here. They are outside and all well behaved leashed dogs are welcomed.

Oops...you were referencing the poster who actually said they went to a dog park.

And of course you know what a fair is...

Please forgive me; I am going to bed now.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:10 AM   #15
Cengaeas

I Your pup looks like a doll. keep on training, socializing and letting the public see what a great dog he is.

Ignorance is frustrating , but with this breed you have to have a thick skin and educate people when you can instead of getting upset about it.

Were there other dogs there? If so I certainly would not have left. If it is a place where dogs aren't allowed of any breed than that is a different story. I would complain to whoever is in charge and let them know they lost business because of it.

I was at a parade a few years back and a police officer told me I'd have to leave. Well it was a public street, there is no BSL where I live, and dogs are allowed, so I politely stated those facts and stayed. A nice bunch of people in the crowd who I didn't even know, but who had played with my dog while I was there backed me up, and the cop just walked away.
Ironically he was a K9 officer and later when he had his GSD out it went after some people in the crowd.
Hmmmmm... whose dog shouldn't be out in public????? LOL talk about karma.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #16
Muramoursuard

You did awesome by walking away. It sucks, and it hurts us all I'm sure, but we have to do what's best for you guys and girls and their breed. I took my guy to a block party and lots of people fawned over him, but when he saw another dog and showed the first sign of aggression I knew I had to leave before it escalated. Just how it goes.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #17
Rnlvifov

what a cute puppy and

I can not even conceive of how someone can look at a 4 month old puppy...that you could easliy scoop up and hold under 1 arm...and suggest with a straight face that they believed the dog was a threat to anything.

Is it just me? I mean that's laughable!!

Not that I'm suggesting I think it's OK to discriminate against well behaved adult pit bulls...

but come on! A 4 month old puppy!?!?!
lol no girly, your not. i also think that is stupid & beyond ridiculous

Old 10-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #18
attishina

good thing you have more patients than i do because i would have ended up showing my ass

but the thing is around here nobody gives a damn about bulldogs because almost everyone has or is related to someone who has some kind of bulldog

cute pup btw

Reply to Thread New Thread