LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-15-2009, 04:36 AM   #1
pBiRXp8u

Default 1st time pit owner
We are going to get our bully pit on friday we are excited and want to learn from all of you.we have been reading so much. diet- training -toys just alot out there. i would like to know what books you like. we have 3 of cesars books and they have been great but want things just on pits. we like the bully but i havent seen any red nose? we are getting a blue , they seem to be the main color we are going with the taste of the wild food. can we give raw chicken1/4s 2-3 times a week along with his food?he will be 11 weeks old when we pick him up thanks for the help

Old 10-15-2009, 05:25 AM   #2
Scfdglkn

Your best way to learn and get accurate information, is going to be to stick around her and read, read, read.... and then, ask, ask, ask... This site is probably the BEST as far as giving excellent advice, from everyone to just regular owners, to breeders, to vet techs and everything else.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:35 AM   #3
lzwha

If you want a rednose why not wait for one? The blue fad is the color of the month for backyard breeders, any breeder producing dogs based on their color is the type to stay far away from, they generally aren't interested in temperment, structure or health. Not to mention they are usually largely overpriced for a low quality bred dog. Make sure you aren't buying from some fool byb.

Also there's no such thing as a "bully" pit. APBT have a standard, they aren't meant to be a massive thick dog. Maybe you are buying an American Bully which is a different breed altogether. As far as raw, you should really pick one or the other, raw digests at a different rate than kibble so it's not recommended to mix, not to mention raw is much more involved than just throwing some chicken in.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
durootrium

Where are you going to get him/her? It's really important for you to get a puppy from a REPUTABLE breeder or from a rescue.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #5
invasuant

make sure you read all the sticky notes posted in every forum. heres a few to get you started.
Being a responsible APBT owner
6 Things You Should Not Do When You Have A New Puppy In The Home
So, you want a APBT
Owners Code of Ethics
DON'T Leave your Dogs Unsupervised
Pit Bulls and Dog parks

Old 10-15-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
pMJWFoAWD

It's really important for you to get a puppy from a REPUTABLE breeder or from a rescue.
I agree!!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 AM   #7
xkQCaS4w

Check this thread out also, a lot there and some off topic stuff but read through it anyway.

Ques. about dog whisperer's dog Daddy

Old 10-15-2009, 07:51 AM   #8
pBiRXp8u

we are getting an american bully i thought that they were in the pit family whats the diference? thanks we are getting the pup from shockwav kennels th have been great to work with

Old 10-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
squeerisott

From This

To This

To This...

To This....

To This... Pocket Bullys

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

The last 3 are bullies.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #10
lzwha

we are getting an american bully i thought that they were in the pit family whats the diference? thanks we are getting the pup from shockwav kennels th have been great to work with
They are a backyard breeder, their dogs have accomplished nothing, they don't health test from what I can see, don't show and poor structure all around. $1500 is getting you what exactly? The same crap thousands of other byb's are putting out in huge numbers. Look around enough you'll find the same quality blue dog sitting in a shelter near you. They also apparently don't care if their dogs have mange, even though it's a genetic immune issue. APBT are prone to hip and elbow displaysia as it is, adding weight and bad breeding to it is a recipe for heartbreak and huge vet bills. Plus they call their dogs APBT even though they obviously are not.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #11
seatlyled

Their sound wav was more than enough for me...

Old 10-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #12
Scfdglkn

Excellent description BrokenBread.... Perfect pictures of each... no words are needed, just pictures.. can't say it any better.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #13
xkQCaS4w

Here is another active post on the differences.

The differences ?

Old 10-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
invasuant

They are a backyard breeder, their dogs have accomplished nothing, they don't health test from what I can see, don't show and poor structure all around. $1500 is getting you what exactly? The same crap thousands of other byb's are putting out in huge numbers. Look around enough you'll find the same quality blue dog sitting in a shelter near you. They also apparently don't care if their dogs have mange, even though it's a genetic immune issue. APBT are prone to hip and elbow displaysia as it is, adding weight and bad breeding to it is a recipe for heartbreak and huge vet bills. Plus they call their dogs APBT even though they obviously are not.
well said GoingPostal

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

i rather have this guy (then those 3 poorly bred ambullies that were posted )

Old 10-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #15
QvhhbjLy

Feel free to ask Purple or Shon to give you access to the American Bully section. I am sure the American Bully people would be more than happy to help you figure things out as well.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #16
beonecenry

From This

To This

To This...

To This....

To This... Pocket Bullys

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

The last 3 are bullies.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #17
squeerisott

Even though it's true that there are 100 lbs APBTs. I've heard of stories of dogs breeding to standard and one of the pups out of so many come out to be 3 times the size of the mother and father, it's genetic and those are rare (from my understanding).

The saying, "No, Those Bullies are 100% Pure Bred Pits! They're just bred with big ass pits"....lol I haven't heard any truth to this.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

I sent you a message of a post on PBF of American Bullies and The REAL American PIt Bull Terrier. If anyone wants it PM me. There's over 200 pictures of each. Great looking dogs.

Reply to Thread New Thread