LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-29-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
Gmvkgkmn

Default (from other forum) If dogfighting was never banned, could you be like the original...
If dogfighting was never banned, could you be like the original, old school, dogmen.

For me i'd have to say i wouldn't be able to let one of my dogs fight. I only have now and i'm too attached to him to let him fight and run the risk...however...i could see the point in game testing..for the breed's sake. I know i'd pick my dog up quick, if things went downhill for too long, but i think my boy would do well if he was thrown in there. Why do i think that? from the accidental dog and bull fights i've had to break him up in.

I obviously don't participate in dog fighting, but i respect and appreciate what brought our dogs into existance. Also, i'd like to say the way a lot of gamedogs are treated outside of the "pit" is far more cruel than the fight. I have an old dogmen for a neighbor and his talks of back in the day..of feeding them well, treating them well, taken 8 months off in between fights...sounds like a lot of pitbulls' dream. lol. Unlike what you hear today.

Well, back to the question at hand.

If dogfighting was never banned, could you be like the original dogmen?

Old 09-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
Qxkmsxsx

but it is, no speculation

Old 09-29-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
durootrium

Nope, I'm a softie and dogfighting, IMO, serves no purpose.

I could participate in hog hunting or the hunting of bigger game or something else of the like, but those serve purposes.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
kathy

Hard to say I would hope I would see that it wasn't for me or my dogs, but it was a different time and the humane laws of today didn't exist and if they were never enacted, who is to say that I would be against it as I am now with out the knowledge I have now. Again I would hope I would see it as wrong, but its a tough question. To say I would come to that conclusion on my own while the rest of the world was fine with it would be a stretch. I hope I would see that its wrong. Good question, made me think.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
somamasoso

Well, I can't say that I would or wouldn't, but I can say without a doubt in my mind, that my boy Tank would love nothing more than to be a match dog. He would totally be in his element and LOVE every minute of it! If I actually let him roll, well, he would be one fulfilled dog! lol

Old 09-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #6
Frodogzzz

Dog Fighting is illegal in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and the federal Animal Welfare Act prohibits the interstate transportation of dogs for fighting purposes.

Forty-seven states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands have made dogfighting a felony offense. Forty-five states, the District of Columbia, and the Virgin Islands prohibit the possession of dogs for fighting. And 48 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands prohibit being a spectator at a dogfight.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The views herein expressed in this forum do not necessarily reflect those of the posters nor the forum owners and should be viewed strictly as entertainment and for historical purposes only. The posters nor the forum owners either promote or condone any violations of the "Animal Welfare Act of 1976", or any other Local, State and/or Federal Laws.Again, this post should be viewed strictly as entertainment and for historical purposes only!

Old 09-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #7
DioraMoostebeers

I probably wouldn't participate, but would still own the breed.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #8
Precturge

No.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #9
jeraveike

Here's a thread discussing this topic:

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthre...fighting+legal

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

thread closed. Please see thread above.

Reply to Thread New Thread