LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
zoolissentesy

Default furniture
just curious, how many of you guys allow your pets on the furniture?

how many allow their pets only on CERTAIN furniture?

how many let their pets sleep in bed with them?

and how many will NEVER let their pets on ANY furniture?

as for my brats.. the dogs are allowed on the 3 sofas and thats it.. NEVER allowed on the bed

the cats are allowed on the sofas their cat tree and the bed (since they wont eat the pillows)

and i occasionally let my fiance` on the furniture... when hes good

Old 08-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
Pznrrmaf

Mine are allowed on the sofa, love seat, and the beds. The counters and kitchen table, however are a big fat NO!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
MicoSiru

My dogs aren't allowed on ANY furniture...the only exception is if I am feeling really sad and down in the dumps. Luckily, that isn't too often.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Argurnenoni

We don't have a lot of furniture and our furniture isn't that nice so we allow the dogs on the sofas but they never feel the need to be on them that often. Savannah will perch herself on the couch to look out the window to see if her boyfriend is outside across the street.

As for the bed Paisley sleeps in his kennel and once and awhile we will allow Savannah to sleep with us otherwise she sleeps in her kennel or under the bed.

Our cats go on whatever they want but if we are eating at the table and they jump up we will kick them off because we don't want them to think they can just be on the dinner table when we are eating.

Most of the time the dogs are outside playing with each other so they aren't in the house that often but when they are in the house they are still playing.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
rvadipoldkov

Mine have a loveseat all to themselves usually. I used ot allow them on all the furniture, but since i got new, the hair drives me batty. So now Im trying to keep them to the loveseat only, though, when Im not home, the boys dont follow that new rules.

They sleep with me when I alwwo them to. Maybe once or twice a week.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
teergoBissono

I allow Logan to lounge on the sofa and he is not allowed to go on the loveseat but he does when we aren't home. I put sheets on both so it's all good. As for the bed, yes, Logan does sleep with me when hubby is passed out in the living room "watching" the tellie. Now that I am pregnant, he offers a lot of back support because we sleep back to back.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Mine have a loveseat all to themselves usually. I used ot allow them on all the furniture, but since i got new, the hair drives me batty. So now Im trying to keep them to the loveseat only, though, when Im not home, the boys dont follow that new rules.

They sleep with me when I alwwo them to. Maybe once or twice a week.
Alma, sheets save furniture! Much cheaper than furniture covers and you can throw them in the machine. I wash mine everyday and rotate the sheets.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
ErnestTU

Not really. I'll sometimes call them up but not much. Like a month ago, I kept having nightmares so I took my Jazz dog with me to sleep thinking it would help... it didn't. But it was kinda comforting to have her there. But usually they sleep in there kennels.

Lol Sometimes I'll come around the corner and Rua, my foster, is passed out on the couch. lol It's always something with him!

Old 08-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
AndyPharmc

Osiris is allowed on the couches and sleeps with us. If we had other furiniture I am sure he would be on those too. He usually goes to sleep in his crate unless I am just watching tv in bed, but when I wake in the middle of the night he is always next to me. I sleep better with him there, even though I don't think he would protect me from much. I take him to my parents all the time and he isn't allowed on any of their furniture.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
Marlboro-oroblraM

I have never discouraged any of my pets from getting on the living room or bedroom furniture.
(I keep sheets on the living room couches)

Gretchen (Lab/Rott) simply will not get on the couch or bed....I think she has a fear of heights.

The only place they aren't allowed is on the counter tops or kitchen table.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
teentodiefows

No i dont let my dogs on any of the furniture...the still try sometimes but they dont get on without me lettin them

Old 08-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
IrrettelatWet

Apollo isnt allowed on any living room furniture, its leather so we're afraid he'll put a hole in it with his claws, but he still trys sometimes, especially when we aren't in the room, but when we are there, he has is "soccer blanket" that I lay down for him because we have tile floor in the living room and he doesnt like to lay on it much, except when he just got done playing outside. I used to keep him in his kennel at night, because he wasnt fully potty trained yet, but now he sleeps with me, so he's allowed on the bed.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #12
uphokyhuP

Sam, is allowed on the couch, when we call her up, which is all the time. We put a sheet on it, but lately, i haven't been because I want to get new ones, hehehe.
She also has this old ottaman, that we put by the window, because she like to look out, when we aren't home. She isn't allowed on the bed. But I know the BF sometimes lets her up there.
Lou, still isn't allowed on the couch, because he is still learning to wait until he is called up. I've also caught the BF, letting him on bed. But other than that, they both have thier bed(s).

Old 08-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
mp3 free

Veronica sleeps in bed with us and she's allowed on the furniture.

For whatever reason she harbors in her little head; she only gets on the couch and ignores the reclining chairs. Other than that; she'll pretty much avoid furniture because she's too lazy to jump. (She has a ramp next to the couch from when she was a puppy. We keep it there because she still uses it ).

Old 08-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
Raj_Copi_Jin

We only let Rocko on the bed weekends that we are trying to sleep in. It will usually buy us another hour of sleep time.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #15
teergoBissono

I LOVE having a dog in bed with me when it is cold outside. Something about sleeping in and having a pit bull laying next to you is heaven. Technically, I can say I have two pit bulls because my husband acts just like one.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #16
jeargefef

Odie sleeps in bed with us after dh has fallen asleep, and red sleeps on the floor. They are allowed on the couches and chairs but not counter tops or tables.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
Oriesssedleli419

JC owns everything in my apartment

Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #18
teergoBissono

You tell her JC!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
JOR4qxYH

My boys are allowed on all the furniture, I used to make them stay off the livingroom couch because it's a dark color, but I've given up, now, I just vacum it a lot. My TV room couches are leather so that's no big woop. They sleep on the bed as well. Dutch sometimes takes a running jump to get on the counter but he just slams into the dishwasher .

Old 08-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #20
teergoBissono

Have you seen that Pledge fur picker upper thingie?

Reply to Thread New Thread