LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
JulieSmithdccd

Default Eagles Feeling Pinch of Sponsor Boycotting
Apparently the Eagles are feeling the pinch, they removed the list of sponsors from their website.

More Contact Info for Philadelphia Eagles Sponsors

Oddly enough, the Eagles seem to have removed the list of corporate sponsors from their website. Fortunately... teh Google, I haz it. Let's get straight to the festivities using the current information from the Eagles' website. Links go to contact information/form whenever possible.

VERY IMPORTANT: Don't be rude. It's not likely the Eagles consulted their sponsors prior to signing Michael Vick, so this is pain they did not invite upon themselves. Simply let them know, politely but firmly, that you cannot use their products/services while they provide financial backing for the Eagles.

Got additional contact info? Twitter? Let us know in the comments.

First and foremost, don't forget to contact the Philadelphia Eagles themselves.

LARGEST SPONSOR/STADIUM NAMING RIGHTS:
Lincoln National
Twitter: Unknown

MAJOR ("FOUNDING") SPONSORS:
94 WYSP Radio
Twitter

MillerCoors (Miller Lite)
Twitter

Sovereign Bank (Note: link from Eagles website is INCORRECT.)

Acme Markets

NovaCare

US Airways
Twitter (may not be monitored, only 3 tweets)

Anheuser-Busch (Budweiser)
Twitter (may not be monitored, last tweet 2007, also account InBev but no tweets)

Pepsi
Twitter

Verizon Wireless
Twitter (VZW has many feeds)
UPDATE: Verizon's customer support line says that concerns should be directed to Stephen.schwed@verizonwireless.com.

OTHER SPONSORS:
7-Eleven
Twitter

AAA

AFLAC
Twitter (Be warned - you're tweeting to a spokes-duck)

Best Buy
Twitter

CJ's Tire

Chrysler Note: Chrysler also owns Jeep, but because they are listed as separate sponsors I will include contact information for both.
Twitter

Jeep

Comcast (Note: link provided by Eagles' site is incorrect)
Twitter

Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
Twitter

Dietz and Watson
Twitter (They pay someone to tweet about cold cuts?)

Dunkin' Donuts
Twitter

Gatorade
Twitter

Geico

Heineken (Not a direct link to contact form, site uses frames. Ugh.)
Twitter (May not be monitored, no tweets since June)

Idearc Media
Twitter (May not be monitored, no tweets)

Independence Blue Cross/Blue Shield

Taco Bell/KFC
Twitter

Mastercard
Twitter

Motorola
Twitter

Papa John's
Twitter

Pepcid
Twitter (Note: J&J/Merck makes Pepcid)

The Original Philadelphia Cheesesteak Co.

PA Lottery

Philly.com/Inquirer/Daily News
Twitter

The American Red Cross (Note: what the hell is the Red Cross doing using donations to sponsor a football team?)
Twitter
UPDATE: The Red Cross has been removed from the Eagles' list of sponsors on their site. However, we have no confirmation from the Red Cross that they have withdrawn sponsorship, so until then... game on.
UPDATE: A spokesman for the Red Cross says that they were listed on the sponsors page by mistake. This would certainly makes sense given that charities don't usually sponsor football teams and god knows there were lots of other mistakes on that Eagles' sponsors page, including links that are downright wrong. So it looks like the Red Cross is off the list.

RE/MAX
Twitter

Rite Aid

SCA North America
Email: info.northamerica@sca.com

Snapple
Twitter

Splenda

Tastykake
Note: Tastykake is a known friend to animals and also a sponsor of the PSPCA. I feel badly that the Eagles sprung this on them.

Teva Pharmaceuticals USA

Thomas Jefferson University Hospital

TicketMaster/TicketExchange
Twitter

Waste Management
Email: cseasternpa@wm.com

UPDATE: Have found some media sources that list Staples and Canon as sponsors - can anyone provide confirmation of this? I have confirmed that Staples used to but have no confirmation of current sponsorship. Canon's sponsor web page does not list the Eagles.

UPDATE: Twitter Tip!
When using Twitter to contact companies, don't start your tweet with their address, put it a little further in. This way all of your followers see the tweet, which helps more people discover the boycott.

This tweet will be seen just by Pepsi:
@pepsi Please reconsider your support for the Eagles, I will not be buying any Pepsi while you sponsor them.

This tweet will be seen by Pepsi and all of your followers as well:
Hey @pepsi, please reconsider your support for the Eagles, I will not be buying any Pepsi while you sponsor them.

And finally... hug your dogs today. Help some less fortunate ones by volunteering for your local shelter or rescue group (who could probably find a use for any products made by the companies above that you'd like to get out of your house). Please consider donating to groups you respect with the money you won't be spending with Eagles' sponsors!

posted by -J. at 8:51 PM
DiggIt! Del.icio.us Reddit Stumble it!

21 Comments:

mb. said... thanks for pointing me to the cached corp sponsors page!
6:12 AM YesBiscuit! said... Who they think they're messin' wit?!
6:41 AM -J. said... Just fixed the MillerCoors link, sorry 'bout that.
2:35 PM Voyager said... Great job, John! It's good to see someone helping to expose these fools. Time for me to get emailing and calling those companies!

~Dave in Concord
PS Love Best Friends; volunteered there twice.
11:20 PM Voyager said... Whew! Just emailed a bunch of the companies you listed, with this simple message: "I regret to say that I will no longer buy any of your products until you either stop sponsoring the Philadelphia Eagles, or they get rid of Michael Vick. I want nothing to do with any company that sponsors a convicted dog torturer and killer like Vick. Thank you."
It was easy to cut and paste it into each company's form, but man, some of them are a pain to write to! They ask for your life's story.... but it was worth it. Now we'll see what they say to their beloved Eagles...
12:00 AM Albert A Rasch said... John linking with a comment at the TROC.

Albert
6:29 AM YesBiscuit! said... Many Twitter users start their reply with a . simply to make sure the tweet is seen by all their followers and not just the user being replied to. HEY works too of course but the . leaves you more available characters which is like Twitter gold!
7:13 AM -J. said... An excellent point, thanks!
9:16 AM Nikki Craft said... Hi, We support the Eagles sponsors boycott and we will boycott anything with the Michael Vick name attached to it. We are writing to share this information with you that you might not be aware of and that is that the *one* entity responsible for Michael Vick returning to the NFL is the Humane Society of the United States and International. If they say it's not appropriate for Vick to stay in football then he goes in October. That is an out that we need to show them is the easiest route for them to go; the only one. While you are writing letters to the corporate sponsors please mention that you are boycotting the Humane Society as well. And also when you can include the urls reproduced below.

I hope you will join us in our boycott against the Humane Society and please do share these urls with your friends and network as long as HSUS is a representative for Michael Vick.

Here's our FB group.
Boycott the Humane Society, the NFL, all their sponsors & Michael Vick!
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

[HSUS} Riding on Vick’s Bloodstained Coattails
Riding on Vick’s Bloodstained Coattails : Nathan J Winograd

Boycott the Humane Society of the United States
3:24 PM Robin said... I'm #eagles boycott on all my tweets, as well, wouldn't it be great to have it a trending topic? I've facebooked, and blogged about it: Art and Animals.

Any plans for a demonstration in Center City?
4:46 PM George said... I'm hoping the macro of the dog saying he has never seen anything so stupid is aimed at the people who actually claim they are going to boycott a football team for hiring a football player. If Newport News McDonald's had hired him would you be protesting McDonald's and anyone associated with it? I hope so, so that everyone would see just how stupid you all really are. You all are probably the idiots who believe that Obama is a Secret Kenyan Muslin or that the governemnt health care is a death panel coming to kill your grandmothers.
7:42 PM -J. said... Don't feed the trolls.
7:51 PM bob_ross38 said... Also Albertson's, AIG, Blue Cross/ Blue Shield, Lincoln Financial Group, Daimler Chrysler Corp. Exxon Mobile Corp., Gatorade, Jeep, MBNA, Miller Brewing Co., Modell's Sporting Goods, Peco Energy, Verizon Communications, Staples, University of Pennsylvania, Sovereign Bancorp Inc.,

We the fans have a voice and it is with our wallets. It is, after all, the only thing these people understand. Enough Sponsors leave because they are losing business and all of a sudden it is not economically feasible for them to keep Vick. Some people, on the other hand, would sell their souls for that Lombardi Trophy.
10:00 PM Pamela said... My mother just decided to purchase a digital camera. I urged her not to purchase it at Best Buy-a corporate sponsor of The Eagles.

I will not be purchasing any Pepsi products, or buy my coffee at Dunkin Donuts.

etc etc etc

I received a 4% paycut this year while Michael Vick is being showered with millions...
7:39 AM Pamela said... Micheal Vick attended his empathy class high on marijuana (he was tested that day). Yeah, he feels real bad about what he did.

The dog in this video has more empathy than Michael Vick...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXXaRECHHT4"]YouTube - Hero Dog[/ame]
8:21 AM obxpuparazzi said... I spent Sunday contacting the companies that do business in my area. So far, I've gotten a few responses: Gatorade thinks the NFL knows what it is doing & will continue support; Rite Aid states that "it is not their place to comment on who the team chooses"; The American Red Cross gushed about how much attention the NFL draws to their mission (I'm wondering if it is a violation of the 501 certification for them to be advertising the charity this way); and I got the nicest response from Budweiser, who restated their commitment to animal welfare and promised to take public opinion into account.

I returned 2 fridge packs of Pepsi to the store & took home Coke instead. When my AAA & GEICO policies expire soon, I will be changing companies.

While I can't change sponsors' minds or the NFL or Eagles, I can choose to support other companies without the baggage of sponsoring Vick directly or indirectly.
1:18 PM Pam Ernest said... Best Buy said it will continue to support The Eagles and Michael Vick. I will not be stepping foot in that store again.
2:12 PM -J. said... Everyone please feel free to post reactions you've received from companies you have contacted - very helpful!

We ARE being noticed - I can tell you from my server logs that some of the companies mentioned have been checking in. Keep it up!
6:53 PM -J. said... News: Red Cross says they were never a sponsor, had themselves removed from sponsor list.

Eagles Sponsor Page Disappearance Explained - Sports Biz with Darren Rovell - CNBC.com
7:52 PM mrblonde said... It is disgusting that the Eagles gave Vick a $7 million contract only weeks after being released! Verizon should pull its sponsorship immediately and I have organized a boycott of Verizon until they do which anybody can join here - http://www.boycottowl.com/Verizon+Wireless/7

So most of them are resorting to the weasel dance of trying to avoid doing anything. They can all stick it where the sun don't shine.

For Your Entertainment: More Contact Info for Philadelphia Eagles Sponsors

Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
Izzy

I can't boycot waste management.. they pick up my garbage

Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
Gilowero

I wonder how people can think it's ok to boycott companies and hurt their employers and their employer's families financially all because they despise a single person. They aren't going to hurt Vick a single bit. They're going to hurt a whole wagonfull of innocent people who have nothing to do with him.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:36 AM   #4
durootrium

still cryin about mike gettin his life back together? you people have too much time!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:38 AM   #5
JessiPollo

You do realize that boycotting a company like pepsi doesnt matter matter much to them because pepsi owns more things than many people realize if ur boycotting pepsi this is all the products u need to stop buyingpepsi sodas, frito-lay, pizza-hut, sobe, lifewater, amp, doritos, tostitos, quaker oats, gatorade, tropicana, lipton, life cereal, and even though they are seperate entities starbucks beverages outside of actual starbucks u can drink starbucks just the stuff from the actual stores) pepsi is a big company and most people are not aware of every brand they own.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:58 AM   #6
Sipewrio

kookoo pa chu!

Old 08-20-2009, 04:21 AM   #7
n2Oddw8P

I wonder how people can think it's ok to boycott companies and hurt their employers and their employer's families financially all because they despise a single person. They aren't going to hurt Vick a single bit. They're going to hurt a whole wagonfull of innocent people who have nothing to do with him.
Good point.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:58 AM   #8
creewespock

Valid point.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:07 AM   #9
clorkergo

Excellent post, Mia. My mom works for Aflac and if people stop buying policies then my family hurts, not Vic or the Eagles or the big corporations.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #10
HakSpeame

Well said...great point.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #11
MackBranon

Some people have waaay too much time on their hands...
Vick paid his debt to society,GET OVER IT!!!

Reply to Thread New Thread