Old 05-08-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
Suvuseh

our dogs have names after occupations:

pilot- that ones easy to figure out i guess
porter- doorman

my boyfriend wants to name the next dog we get "mailman". ha

Old 06-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
paralelogram

I named my boy Bowser, in Hindu it means little fuc*er which fits well :-)

Old 06-14-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
Controller

My husband named Josey after a Clint Eastwood movie
"Outlaw Josey Wales"

Old 06-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
syncFisee

Yeah, that was the main site we looked at when going through names, and that is exactly what we did. But for some reason we just liked Betty Boop, a name someone suggested on here
Cool! I like that one too!

Old 06-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
hrthwhr

what about cocoa it would go with the food theme...lol, i'm not too bad at naming dogs, but I like to see their personality first and usually call out the name and see if the dog looks...it's funny, but it's how I named all my dogs along with couple others ...mollie, sullie, kye, kain, max, kalee...I usually look under baby names, or any time i hear a different name I save it in my phone under drafts..well hope you find a name you like!

Old 06-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
JosephEL

Greek Female names
AIKATERINA - Meaning "Pure"
ATHENE - Greek myth name of the goddess of wisdom. Plato fancifully derived her name from a-theo-noa, meaning "mind of God," but the true meaning is unknown. Her Roman name is Minerva ("intellect").
CHARA - Greek name derived from the word chara, meaning "joyful."
DEMETER - Greek myth name of a goddess of agriculture, derived from Doric Da-mater, meaning "earth mother." Compare with masculine Demeter.
EUDORA - Modern Greek name composed of the elements eu "good" and doron "gift," hence "good gift."
GIA - Meaning EARTH
KALLIOPE - Greek name composed of the elements kallos "beauty" and ops "voice," hence "beautiful voice." In mythology, this is the the name of the muse of epic poetry.
KLEIO - Greek name derived from the word kleos, meaning "glory." In mythology, this is the name of a muse of poetry and history.

There's more here. I got bored Menu

Old 06-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
tilmprarnerit

My dog is Loki, after the viking trickster God of mischief, but when I originally got left with her (Poor, neglected thing that she was) she was called 'Snowy', me and the kids decided to change it because she'd obviously had a terrible time (her spine and ribs were showing) and wanted to give her a new start, we threw a load of names at her and she 'chose' Loki! On a brighter note- I had a rottweiler which I named 'Morpheus' after the Greek God of dreams. Loads of guys commented on it when I'd walk him and said it was a perfect name, I was impressed that eveyone knew their Greek mythology. And then I realised- the guys thought I was saying "More-fierce"!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
ensuppono

My dog is Loki, after the viking trickster God of mischief, but when I originally got left with her (Poor, neglected thing that she was) she was called 'Snowy', me and the kids decided to change it because she'd obviously had a terrible time (her spine and ribs were showing) and wanted to give her a new start, we threw a load of names at her and she 'chose' Loki! On a brighter note- I had a rottweiler which I named 'Morpheus' after the Greek God of dreams. Loads of guys commented on it when I'd walk him and said it was a perfect name, I was impressed that eveyone knew their Greek mythology. And then I realised- the guys thought I was saying "More-fierce"!
Thanks for your post, but I guess you missed my other one in which I posted that Betty Boop had to be euthanized, she was in the late stages of renal failure

However it didn't take long for us to get our hands on the next rescue dog ... we now have a rescued pit named Spiderman, who just had surgery for a broken leg!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #11
tilmprarnerit

Aw, bless him, is he okay? And REALLY sorry for your loss- I've been there and it hurts...

Old 06-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #12
ensuppono

Aw, bless him, is he okay? And REALLY sorry for your loss- I've been there and it hurts...
You can read here about Spiderman: Vet/Photo Update! (Re: Spiderman the pit bull w/ broken leg) - Pit Bull Chat Forum

Old 06-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #13
Nemerov

I like Carby

I like the Ginger suggestion..

Ours are Tinkerbell (fairy off of peter pan - as if you didnt know) but also means princess.. and Rajah (tiger off of aladin) but also means prince.. not sure where we found themeanings but found them somewhere online.. (hubby thinks greek animal names.. but not sure..)

Old 06-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #14
UtidaBrar

What about Sage?

Old 09-07-2009, 04:48 AM   #15
ensuppono

Default Please throw out some fun, unique, interesting, & meaningful dog names!!
I have searched PBC and I can't find many threads on naming, but I know they are out there, just probably not tagged

Anyway, some name suggestions for our new rescue doggie in this thread?

List all the dog names you like please! We went to doggie naming sites but there are just too many to weed through and honestly nothing caught our eye.

Thanks everyone!!

Old 09-07-2009, 05:00 AM   #16
Grorointeri

What's she like?

Old 09-07-2009, 05:03 AM   #17
ensuppono

Well, I haven't even met her LOL All I know is the picture Terry sent from the humane society that's on the post I linked to. So much for naming for personality!

Old 09-07-2009, 05:07 AM   #18
Grorointeri

Well, I haven't even met her LOL All I know is the picture Terry sent from the humane society that's on the post I linked to. So much for naming for personality!
You could try angel or rogue? I don't know, i like to meet them before I name them. She is Cute tho

Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #19
NumStulpata

Bah for some reason today the name Sterling came to mind but I would imagine that is a boys name. Now I have to get a male dog

Old 09-07-2009, 06:08 AM   #20
excivaamome

Japanese Pet Names - Japanese Dog Names, Japanese Cat Names, Japanese Puppy Names, Japanese Kitten Names

I love japanese for dog names beautiful language

Ebi= shrimp

Reply to Thread New Thread