LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-06-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
ChexEcodece

Default looking for suggestions
I have a six month old male apbt that is my best bud that I do just about everything with, walk, jog workout in my yard and go lots of places with. I was wondering if anyone could proide me with any advice as how to get him that very athletic look that I have seen alot of apbt's have. I dont want him to look like a hulking beast or want him to be a behemoth because I have a 16 month old daughter( who loves him by the way). I have heard that the springpole works well but he shows no interst in it as of yet and he doesn't really like going for long jogs maybe a mile or so and then he is done and doesnt run with me anymore. Walks he seems to enjoy alot but I want him to have a decent amount of muscle as he is kind of skinny( he weighs 48lbs right now) I was wondering if this is a healthy weight? My vet says yes but he hasn't dealt with alot of these types of dogs so I figured I would look for someone with more experience to ask. If anyone out there could provide me with some good workout tips and any other advice it would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to do whatever I have to to let him reach his full potential so he can be a healthy happy dog because he is a very important member of my family and just want the best for him.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
Hoglaunccoolf

He's too young to be working him out.... let him be a puppy... you shouldn't start conditioning until 12 months or so.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:08 AM   #3
sat23neus2

NC said it all. Make sure he's on good food, too. Check out dogfoodanalysis.com for more info!

Old 10-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #4
swwatch

If the vet says good weight, that's great

Lots of walks and playtime sounds perfect. That will help to make him a great family dog too.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #5
Trikaduliana

I agree with NC. At 6 months, he's still a young pup. I consider them "puppies" until 12 months, and then they are just young, immature [young] adults whose bodies still growing and adjusting.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #6
ffdfriendforurr

i agree with all of the above. let him be a puppy for now, see how he looks when he grows into his body, then condition him

Reply to Thread New Thread