LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
sat23neus2

The only time I have come across this is when the pup is SHY, then it will bond with another dog more so then the people. I have come to find that most females will bond more with the males (my husband & sons) in my house, where the male will bond with me (the female/Alfa Bitch) (sorry) in my house.
I have found that to be true, too....maybe it accounts for why I have 3-4 male dogs and no females...

Old 01-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Soassesaisp

And this is why my hubby wants his own bitch, because he can't control the other 3 ladies in the house. 2 daughters and me. Plus, he wants his own pibble, my dog tends to listen to me more than everyone else.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
resegooredo

Default im looking for another pit puppy
Hi,

(I have also posted this under adoption thread)

I already have one puppy (lexi) that is almost 4 months old. Me and my boyfriend are looking to adopt another puppy. We are preferring that they are almost the same age so they can play with eachother-and grow up together.

We are regretting not taking two when we picked her out of the litter, but I figure that there has to be a puppy out there we can take home- that needs a home.

We live in NYC, so anywhere in NYC or Long Island, even parts of Jersey and PA would be possible.

If anyone has any suggestions on adoption places for pit puppies or someone who is giving puppys away- that would be great.

Thanks!
-Brianne

Old 04-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
stunnyravytal

Good luck on your research.

Just remember if you are getting a second dog, get it for you, not your other dog. "Pit Bulls" are people dogs more than dog dogs. So, if you do get a second dog, remember that you will need to keep them separated when you aren't around or when you can't supervise them. Also, keep in mind that it is possible in the future they won't get along and might get in a fight, and you'll have to keep the separate from that point on. If you are willing to do that, then definitely keep considering another dog. If not, then stick with one dog for now.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
Escamsrasiush

CoolHandJean

Old 05-01-2009, 01:06 AM   #6
Verger99

Good luck on your research.

Just remember if you are getting a second dog, get it for you, not your other dog. "Pit Bulls" are people dogs more than dog dogs. So, if you do get a second dog, remember that you will need to keep them separated when you aren't around or when you can't supervise them. Also, keep in mind that it is possible in the future they won't get along and might get in a fight, and you'll have to keep the separate from that point on. If you are willing to do that, then definitely keep considering another dog. If not, then stick with one dog for now.
I would have to agree, but if you are going to get another puppy make it a male & have him nuetered asap, being it will just be a pet (that should help).

Old 05-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #7
stunnyravytal

Good point, APBTkidz. I didn't even think to mention that.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:21 AM   #8
Verger99

Good point, APBTkidz. I didn't even think to mention that.
Thanks.
I just thought if they really want another pup. I know it would be easier then having two bitches (we call them that for a reason).

Old 05-01-2009, 02:30 AM   #9
Spongebob

That's why I like this board. The advise is so sound and right to the point. Great posts and replys. Keep up the good work. clmr

Old 05-01-2009, 02:37 AM   #10
legal-advicer

Great advice above.

I'd like to add that it is my understanding that two pups may end up bonding more with each other, rather than you ... have to admit that I have no personal experience with that, just something I have heard.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:25 AM   #11
Verger99

Great advice above.

I'd like to add that it is my understanding that two pups may end up bonding more with each other, rather than you ... have to admit that I have no personal experience with that, just something I have heard.
The only time I have come across this is when the pup is SHY, then it will bond with another dog more so then the people. I have come to find that most females will bond more with the males (my husband & sons) in my house, where the male will bond with me (the female/Alfa Bitch) (sorry) in my house.

Reply to Thread New Thread