LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
NETvoyne

Default Breeder Rant
I just wanted to vent for a minute on the irresponsibility of some of these so-called breeders trying to create designer dogs. In addition to this forum I also belong to a Cane Corso chat room (as that's the kind of dog I own) and people on there are all up in arms about this moron who's trying to create a breed called the "Andronicus Mastiff". This idiot is mixing Cane Corso's, Presa Canarios, American Pitbull Terriers and Dogue de Bordeaux's in some twisted attempt to create some kind of super dog.

I looked at his website and his dogs are garbage. Some look like Presa's, some look like Pit and Corso mixes and he claims that in eight generations he'll have created a new breed. The sad thing is people are buying his dogs and some moron UFC fighter named Rampage Jackson paid $20,000 for one of his mutts. This just makes me nervous because I can't imagine the kind of temperment produced when mixing all those breeds. Is there anything that can be done to stop this stupidity? I'm just afraid before long all of our dogs will be banned because of men like this.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
dosugxxx

that sounds messsed up poor dogs

Old 08-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
Ayyfjicg

that is actually pretty frightening. What an idiot. Im not sure there is anything that can be done other than just trying to get the word out and educating some of the ill informed folks willing to buy from this guy.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
illiderob

I must admit it does sound like a deadly cocktail.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
itsmycock

$20,000 for one of his mutts... What an idiot...

Old 08-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
Ayyfjicg

I tried looking at the guy's site and it crashed my computer...should tell you something...

Old 08-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
Ayyfjicg

surprised he didnt throw in a Fila in for good measure

Old 08-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #8
NETvoyne

surprised he didnt throw in a Fila in for good measure
He probably has, if you look at his dogs there's absolutely no consistency. Some have a more "bully" look with a Presa type head. Some look like bigger pit bulls, some have a mastiff type body with a pit bull head, they're junk. I get angry because I hate to see beautiful breeds reduced to trash all to make a dollar.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #9
Ayyfjicg

He probably has, if you look at his dogs there's absolutely no consistency. Some have a more "bully" look with a Presa type head. Some look like bigger pit bulls, some have a mastiff type body with a pit bull head, they're junk. I get angry because I hate to see beautiful breeds reduced to trash all to make a dollar.
totally with you on that. i think one of the more dangerous aspects is that he is apparently also active in and has connection to boxing/mma training, meaning that a lot of people are going to see these famous fighters with these dogs which will undoubtedly result in a bunch of stupid misinformed fans either purchasing these dogs or worse trying to breed themselves. This could turn into a bad thing...

Old 09-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
Fertassa

It's sad. There is a local Cane Corso breeder(who two pups left...I want one so bad!!!!) who also helps with rescue and she sent an email out saying that a "Italian marlisario" or something like that was up for adoption. She's a rottie/cane corso/mastiff mix . Poor baby.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #11
ddwayspd

A BYB in the biggest sense of the word!

$20,000.00 for a mutt

Old 09-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #12
majestictwelve

Designer dogs disgust me. People who buy them disgust me.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:12 AM   #13
Ubgvuncd

Uggghhh... reminds me of the idiot I met that wanted to create his own breed by breeding swinford bandogs back to pit bulls. He was sure my girl Marz was destined to be the ''queen bitch'' as he put it. Ummmmm..... NOT!

Old 10-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #14
Esmeralfaf

A BYB in the biggest sense of the word!

$20,000.00 for a mutt
LOL, $20,000. for ANY dog

Old 10-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #15
indentKew

LOL, $20,000. for ANY dog

My thoughts exactly!

The guy sounds like a real tool. Hey, that never happens! lol

*sigh*

Unless yall want to vote for me for president in four years, I don't know what else we can do!

Old 11-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #16
iDzcs7TU

I have a question about this? I'm not saying what he's doing is right or wrong BUT....The pit-bull breed itself consists of different breeds, correct? First off, if it consists of different breeds, how can it be pure? (dare i even ask that question) So it took years of breeding to get what we have today, and thus far, all the different branches of the "bull" family. So, somebody did some experimenting and finally got the dog they wanted. then they created the registry.
So, if this guy is creating a breed thru experimental breeding whats wrong with that?
The thing I see first when I look at those dogs is the inconsistency in the dogs. Some look like this, others look like that. So he has not got the breed down to a consistent form. So, it doesnt look like he doing much testing to predict the health and temperment outcomes of these animals. I mean, yes they are all dangerous breeds he's dealing with But, whose to say that the animal cant be even tempered? We all have pits and bull dogs who live in homes with children and do just fine.

Second, THIS is one of the things I see that causes problems, he releasing these to the public with high ass price tags but only releasing males....Whose to say the customer wont breed that male with something else?
IF he was doing this the correct way, which in my mind would be keep going until it's obvioulsy consistent, BUT until then DO NOT release them or even mention them to the public. He needs to keep these on a farm somewhere distant from civilization.
then when it's consistent, create the registry. Get licensed and proceed. Just my thoughts on it.

But lastly, 20,000 for a dog......please, get a life..........a real one...........

Old 11-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #17
illiderob

The term "pit bull" describes many different breeds now, though not to Purist.

However, an American Pit Bull Terrier is a well established breed. Was it once mixed with different breeds? Yes, but every breed was. At one point, every breed was a mixed breed. The APBT has been an established breed for at least 100 years now, possibly more. The American Staffordshire Terrier has been an Established breed for seventy years, I believe it is. So, nope, they aren't just mixed bred dogs, with a fancy name. They are purebred dogs now.

The problem with his experimental breeding is that he is throwing the "breed" out there before it is even established. He doesn't seem to have enough time with it to determine what positives are being formed and what negatives may be formed. It would be best if he wanted to make a breed to keep all the puppies from each breeding to see what he is creating, see what he wants to keep, see what he wants to get rid of. I don't know the man, but from what it looks like, he just threw a bunch of breeds together without much thought, and said, "It's called this."

Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #18
iDzcs7TU

Thats what I'm sayin, the only problem I see with this is he's releasing them too early without the proper time and research.....hence, the bigger problem!

Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #19
BebopVT

Thats what I'm sayin, the only problem I see with this is he's releasing them too early without the proper time and research.....hence, the bigger problem!
It's also a problem cause there is no need for new breeds! I am pretty sure that no one ever has to create a breed again cause any job you need done, there is a breed out there to do it.

I have a Jack Russell/Min Pin mix. Both are ratting dogs. I don't care how cute and smart she is, I wouldn't make a new breed (hmmm Minnie Jack?) cause there are plenty of ratting dogs out there!!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #20
MeeveStesia

I think theyve mucked the gene pool up quite enough with their designer dogs. Theres no need for more.

Reply to Thread New Thread