LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-26-2009, 04:09 AM   #1
Nppracph

Default Members from the Hampton Roads, VA area
My name is Jeff and I am a loyal and responsible APBT owner. Since I got out of the Navy and moved to where I can have pets, I have brought the love an APBT can bring, back into my home. My wife and children have benefited from our two boys and are so excited to get our baby girl Athena. Anyway, while becoming re-familiar with the breed, I noticed more negative search results than positive. This made me want to have one even more (I have always loved to play devils advocate). Let me explain. Before I joined the Navy in 2002, I had an APBT named Winter. She was a solid white red nose who was my life. She passed away while I was gone of a heart worms. Fast forward six years later after I am out of the Navy. My family and I move to a large apartment with plenty of yard space and an allowance for pets. I decided to get an APBT but my wife was against it. She said they were too big and mean. Of course she only knew what she saw on the news about "pitbulls". After doing some research and showing her, she relucantly agreed to get one but said it had to stay in a cage at night and while we were gone. I agreed with a smile and went to pick up Stewie. We drove over an hour to get him and she held him the entire way home. Needless to say he slept with us until he outgrew our queen size bed.

With that said, I am starting the APBT Association of Hampton Roads. I love this breed so much and believe that we can help change their reputation in the community. If anyone is interested in helping or you want more information, email me at jeffrey_franklin@verizon.net.

Thanks for listening

Old 02-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #2
acneman

Welcome to the forum. Get your wife to join... I'm sure she doesn't have much free time, but this is a great place to dispel the myths about the breed. Also, you might show her the section on Monster Myths at www.badrap.org.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
11Pecepebra

i'm actually deployed right now but i'll be back later this year and i think that's a great idea.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
oplapofffe

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum and thank you for serving our country. I do hope you can get your wife to sign up, we'll educate her on what this breed is really about.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
Zaxsdcxs

Jeff, I live in the HR area..

Over by willoughby..

Reply to Thread New Thread