LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
PristisoliTer

Bump! I thought since we've had a lot of new members join.... it would be cool to see their comments on this subject!!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
sonsayx

Default Why do we love this breed so?
Throughout my life I’ve had several different breeds of dogs. Rottweiler, german shepherd, lab and border collie. They were all wonderful pets. I, like most people had some misconceptions about the bully breeds. I always loved their look but was always hesitant about getting one. One day at PetSmart they were having an adoption day for bully breeds. My husband noticed Leo. Within fifteen minutes we’re filling out the adoption papers.

So, what is so special about him? He’s loyal, so were the others. He’s protective, so were the others. He’s playful, so were the others. Is it the way he does his dance of joy when I come through the door, always greeting me with a ball in his mouth and shaking his butt like there’s no tomorrow? Is it the way he steals my favorite lounge chair the minute I get up? Is it the silky belly that he loves having rubbed? Or the frantic love kisses that he gives me? Or the way he grunts and snorts and other noises that I can’t even name? Or the way he comes over just to give me a little kiss when I’ve done something nice for him, kind of like saying “thank you”? Or the big bully smile that they all have? I really can’t put my finger on it, but he has completely and utterly stolen my heart. I am a bully lover for ever.

What’s the reason you love this breed sooooooooo much?

Old 11-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
PristisoliTer

Ditto!! You have hit the nail on the head about this breed.

Why do I love Mollie?? Besides her crazy antics to get a treat, the way she "sits up" and begs, makes all kind of "dying whale" noises to get a bite of whatever you're eating... The way she is content to do whatever I'm doing, ready to go play outside, go for a long walk, or just watch TV with me.... The way, when my sister died last summer, that she just "knew" something was wrong with me, and was constantly by my side, even when all I wanted to do was come home and go to bed, for weeks on end..... the way she would lay with her chin across my neck, just to comfort me. Even though when she was choking me, I wouldn't make her move, because I knew she was trying to comfort me without words... the way she comes out of the bedroom when I get home from work, stretches, yawns (usually poots) and is ready to play, happy to see me and couldn't care one flip about how I look. The way she listens to me when I talk to her, cocking her head to one side, and always wagging her tail in agreement. The killer way she plays tug-o-war, refusing to let go, and never getting tired....

This is the most amazing breed I've ever owned. All my other dogs have been mutts. I had a shelter dog for 14 years, and no dog will ever take Sheaba's place in my heart, but Mollie.... she has a place all her own... and I can only pray that God will allow me to be blessed with her presence for 14+ years. She is by far, the most animated, connected to me, dog that I've ever had. She can be rough when we're playing, but gentle when she takes a treat from a child.... she can also knock you down with her butt wiggles, and the way she leans on you. I cannot imagine how I could have ever gotten through the past year without this dog. She will forever hold a very special, unexplainable, place in my heart, that a lot of people don't understand, but that every bully owner knows, and nods their head in agreement.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
PristisoliTer

I'm bumping this again, since we've had so many new members join. It would be fun to get everyone's opinion.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Pvfcadbh

first i love their build, how loyal they are. their drive to never quit. i love how thy snore, fart and sleep on their backs. mos of all my girls are just like me we don't mess with anyone we can take alot of crap but push us to far and you'll wish you didn't. they are great dogs their is nothing they can't do. all they wanna do is make you happy. the are also so smart. easy to train. and just a damn good looking dog.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
RokeIdeadioke

I love the way Dexter snores, looks at you as if to say " What ? ". The admiration in his eyes. He makes my head spin around several times when he is pestering the cats and my old dachshund. He loves them, but too rough on them, but can't stay angry when he gives me those puppy eyes. He will be 4 months old in 10 days, so I guess I have more head spinning to do. Take a look at newest pics.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #7
Pvfcadbh

I coulden't stay mad at that face.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #8
iceleliewBync

I coulden't stay mad at that face.
Me either, he is precious.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:06 AM   #9
iceleliewBync

I love the bully smiles and how they take such joy in pleasing you. But above all I have to say the zoomies just kill me every time.

I loved the way the dog I fostered would make cute little faces and paw for pets when we played. That dog will forever hold a special place in my heart.

I love how my guy friend's dog always throws herself at my feet and gives me that huge bully smile, waiting for pets. It cracks me up how she oozes off the furniture as slowly as possible when she is asked to move.

I love how happy the shelter apbt's I work with are so insanely happy to be outside and with a person that they crawl in my lap and smother me with kisses. I love how curious they are about the grass and the world beyond the fence. I love how they act like total dorks and act like they are hot stuff when another dog is out getting walked. I love how they throw themselves into learning sits and stays and how to walk politely... all with a huge smile and look of devotion.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:36 AM   #10
Oppofeescom

I've always been attracted to pretty much anyone/anything with a cause attached. It's the special needs kiddos that melt me. These dogs are beautiful, smart, friendly and eager to please. I've always wanted a full blooded PB and a few months ago I got an opportunity when I wasn't even on the look out. We were planning to get a couple of dogs in the spring anyway, so we decided to jump on the opportunity and save her from the pound. We rescued our second, a few weeks later from euthanization. These dogs are wonderful, unconditional loves that deserve a better reputation.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:12 AM   #11
bensabath

Well, other than friends dogs this is my first 24/hr expierence with one and he is amazing. I tell him how perfect he is every day! It is the adorable look on his face when he wants something, how he plays super rough but all of a suddent walks to his bed and passes out. him greeting me at the door when I get home from work, he is super easy train (so far anyway) and how he talks back to me when I tell him "NO".....little shit.....LOL!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 03:12 AM   #12
22paseabelldaps

Is it the way he does his dance of joy when I come through the door, always greeting me with a ball in his mouth and shaking his butt like there’s no tomorrow? Is it the way he steals my favorite lounge chair the minute I get up? Is it the silky belly that he loves having rubbed? Or the frantic love kisses that he gives me? Or the way he grunts and snorts and other noises that I can’t even name? Or the way he comes over just to give me a little kiss when I’ve done something nice for him, kind of like saying “thank you”? Or the big bully smile that they all have?
I love this, you've summed up Bass perfectly.

Had to add - her mad zoomies when I come home from work; how gentle she is with kids without ever being taught how; her insane desire to chase & catch anything that moves; her patience when I dress her up; her willingness to do anything and everything I ask of her...most of the time; and most importantly...

the little kisses on my knees/feet/arms/hands I get every now and then, just to remind me that she's there with me.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:48 AM   #13
seooptiman

i love the working ability of the breed, the diversity of what they are capable of is quite impressive.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #14
RokeIdeadioke

him greeting me at the door when I get home from work, he is super easy train (so far anyway) and how he talks back to me when I tell him "NO".....little shit.....LOL!!!
Your boy is soooo cute.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #15
PristisoliTer

I love the way Mollie comes slinking out of the bedroom because I woke her up coming home. I kid you not, every day it's the same exact routine.... she looks at me... stretches and yawns at the same time, sometimes throws in a fart or two, and then smacks her lips like "Hey woman, what's for dinner, I'm starving". It cracks me up every time.

She is just Mollie... she just is...... and I cannot imagine my life for one second without her in it. She's the best kid I never gave birth to.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #16
EzekelEnzino

honestly i think its the way vito is just so damn happy to see me everytime i walk into the room. i could be gone 10 mins or 3 hours and he is still ecstatic to see me

Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #17
Sipewrio

Because after our dog Tyson had to be put to sleep 12 years ago, when I vowed to myself that I would never ever love another dog like I loved him, I saw Jersey at the SPCA and fell in love. Because even though Tyson had a special place in my heart, Jersey has a new one. Because even though Jersey didn't know Tyson, I think she knew that my heart had been broken once before, and she was going to help heal it. Because When Kirby our fat cat, died from Kidney failure, Jersey was sad right along with us. Because no matter the day, no matter the time, no matter the mood, she loves us more than we could ever love her back. Because she completed our family in a way that I never knew a dog could. Because she lights up the room just by entering it. Because her smile makes me smile. That is why I love her.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #18
Singukil

This is my first pure bred pit so I'm just getting to know him, but I love how he runs around (pit-fits) I love when I'm busy doing something and happen to look over at him and he is sitting up looking at me so smart, I love when we make any kind of noise, he cocks his head, I love how alert he is, I love that he has been so easy to house train... even in 25 below Wisconsin weather. I love his "pinkness" I love his markings...... I love HIM!!
My pit mix, (RIP) I loved how he would sing, how loyal he was, his kissy lips... actually I could go on for ever about him...

Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #19
Pvfcadbh

I what you mean about the the streaching. first the back and then the front and jezzie alwayscatches m feet with her claws.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #20
Singukil

Are "zoomies", "pit fits"? I still don't have a handle on the pit-lingo

Reply to Thread New Thread