LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
pushokalex1

I treat him like a spoiled rotten DOG.
Completely agree! Bubba's got a couple cool collars(and matching leashes - I'm a dork!) but he's a dog and that's it.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
minowz

Lol, I've only dyed a dog a couple of times, but it was the kind that washed out and I don't get nail painting requests often...thank goodness 'cause I hate doing it. I wouldn't personally do it (but for painting my girl's nails one time to be funny), but whatever floats their boats. The sad part is that many of these people who want these services done do treat their dogs like humans. I've gotten comments like, "Can you paint Poopsie's nails pink again? I think she likes that color. You painted her nails purple the last time and I don't think she likes purple 'cause she moped around for days after her nails were painted purple." Or the one crazy Schnauzer owner who I said that dogs will be dogs to, "How dare you (as she covers her dog's ears), she's not a dog, she's a baby!" I could go on and on with stories like this all day...it makes you wanna strangle some people!
I Done Socks Nails Once It Was Only Marker Tho , Came Of In The Carpet Like Id Talk To The Dogs [Mostly When Iam Drunk tho ] I Love Buying Them Collars & Harness But I Dont Get Them Big Fancy La Di Da Ones Bcoz They Would Either Eat It Or Jump Into The Canal With It On ] :

Old 01-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
FEti0TUI

We cal Sophie our little human. She is a dog and has her manners but at home in the privacy of our home, I talk to her and cuddle with her. She sleeps in bed with us. Our family feels that she has finaly earnd this right to sleep with us and lay on the couch. I think as long as you have control over your dog in public and in your home when others come over that it really doesn't matter. talking to my dog is also nice for me on a selfish level. I can let out all my frustrations and vent and then she'll give me a kiss like saying "you feel better now mom" The connection I have with my pup is undescribable and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
radicalvolume

I love my dog and consider him part of the family, but I know he's a dog and I have to make sure he gets exercise and training. My next door neighbors have a little chihuahua that they treat like a baby, and this poor thing is stuck in the backyard all day and in three months I've never seen him get walked. I've also seen this older woman in Best Buy a few times pushing her dog in a baby carriage.

What pisses me off is when people bring their little toy dogs into places where dogs don't belong. I've seen women carrying little dogs in their purses in the grocery store, CVS and inside Starbucks. I just think it's gross and unsanitary for someone to be petting their dog and then rifling through produce.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
MrsGoo

i love my dogs and call them my baby's my girl wheres a jacket or sweat shirt when its Cold or poring rain that is a lot for me because it keeps her less muddy and dry my male dog doesn't where and cloths excepted in summer or Halloween when i force him to dress up for contests this is a past time for me my dogs tolerate it and win yummy treats but the rest of the time my dogs work for all they git i do let them on the couch if i invited them and they are dogs i do not pamper them like i would a baby

Old 01-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
altosburg

Completely agree! Bubba's got a couple cool collars(and matching leashes - I'm a dork!) but he's a dog and that's it.
You are not a dork! My JC has a custom made collar and I had a matching bracelet made for me

Old 01-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
MaickiP

I treat my boys like I would my children. All creatures need love, understanding, and discipline, no matter if they are human or animal. My boys are allowed anywhere I am. I feed them properly what they need for nutrition as an animal. Only treats for special times. Nothing off the table. If it is cold out they have winter gear, rain gear, swimming gear whatever they need for comfort. I take my boys somewhere every weekend and we walk 2 to 5 miles a day. I do this just as I did for my children and will my grandchildren. Listen to them, Learn from them, and Love them is my motto.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:39 AM   #8
Pheddytrourry

My dog is a part of my family. He sleeps in my bed, goes on the couch. I cook for him every night. BUT, he's a dog.
Ditto! (except for the cooking part - they eat raw AND only one of my seven gets to sleep on the bed with me and that is cuz she is the smallest)

~Tiger

Old 01-16-2009, 05:49 AM   #9
Precturge

my dogs are my children. but i am a strict parent!

they do not have pj's.

i dont plan to have kids, not fond of children much. except maybe the rare cute one.

dogs are still dogs though and i have strict rules and they dont get away with much.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:01 AM   #10
Z2sc8gEz

Yes and no..

Here are some examples of how i treat him like a human..

I say good night to him/give him his hug.
I say "what up rex" when i first come home to see him.. and then he gives me a high five with both paws..

Other then that no.

I do not dress him up, or get his nails done.

i spoil him at times though..

And yea he is part of my family . But i do not get him little gifts like on x-mas or celebrate his birthday with cakes and all that type of stuff ...

Old 01-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #11
FailiaFelay

My Dogs are my babies.. but they definately know their place. 2 out of the three sleep in the bed with me and Thats only because my dane broke free of her kennel and my english bulldog was never kennel trained (We rescued her).. My pit sleeps in his kennel at night and no they dont wear clothes.. I think that is idiotic. I understand booties and jackets in the snow.. but everyday apparel.. come on now. My dogs are just spoiled with treats... but they know that mom is in charge and that they are dogs.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
QbCp7LaZ

My dog tried to be a human, but she's too compulsive and maxed out the credit cards on shoes and purses. I tried to be a dog, but I kept falling off the couch when trying to lick my nuts. We decided to stick to the traditional roles...

Old 01-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #13
Z2sc8gEz

Lol gonloco

Old 12-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #14
minowz

Default Do You Treat Your Dog Like A Dog Or Like A Human?
I Just Wanted To Know Who On Here Treats There Pitty Or Whatever Like A Human??
For Example : Buying Them Prams For It Or Clothes Or Cradling Him/Her Like A Baby?
I Think You Should Never Treat It Like That Because It Can Come Straight Back At You When He/She Is Older! A Dog Is Dog .
Im Not Having A Go At AnyOne That Does But Just Wondering How Many People Do ?
x

Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #15
CurtisTH

nope, my pit gets huge love and hugs, but knows his place, he is allowed on the couch when we say its ok, but thats as far as it goes, no such thing as scraps from the table etc

Old 12-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #16
VUzgOhgv

Nope, my dog is a dog and I treat him like one...

Old 12-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #17
fudelholf

nope they are dogs, if they get yummy treats they must do something (sit pretty, speak, etc) to earn that yummy treat

Old 12-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #18
Fellionas

My dog doesnt wear clothes. He sleeps where he wants and he lays in my lap when were watching tv. He cuddles with my GF on the couch almost enough to make me jealous. But, when i say down he gets down, when i say kennel he runs to his kennel. Hes a part of the family, but hes still a dog.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #19
altosburg

My dog is a part of my family. He sleeps in my bed, goes on the couch. I cook for him every night. BUT, he's a dog.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #20
PristisoliTer

I'm with Michele on this one. Mollie lays on the couch, sleeps under the covers, and gets to go for a ride to get the paper every Saturday and Sunday morning. I can't cradle her because she's too big, but she knows that she's "Da Moddie Cow" and has a very special place in the family, just like all our dogs do. Mollie is the only one that stays inside full time, but the others come in at night while it's cold out, they come inside if it's raining, and they stay inside when it get's over 90 degrees in the summer. They all have their crates to go in, and never put up a fuss about going in them. All of my animals are part of the family. However, I do see a lot of dogs that live their lives on a chain, with very little, or no, human contact. I could never do that to any of our dogs, they all have a special place in the family.

Reply to Thread New Thread