LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
SingleMan

Default Tattoo dog?
I know that some states or cities make you get your dog tattooed with a number. or even a chip implanted under their skin.

so what about giving the dog a cool tat. like its name on its bicep or something like that?

just thoughts. Looking at some of these "government" done tats. on the dogs belly. i mean that looks like that would be a bad idea but they don't seem to think so.

what do you guys think?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
stutnerman

Just doesn't seem like it would work out. It seems the fur would just grow back in and cover it anyway.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
occafeVes

My vet will tattoo the belly with whatever you want. It makes for a good id to me since numbers can fade but something like a heart is obvious. I've thought about getting matching tattoos LOL

Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
SingleMan

right. anyone think this is a cruel thing to do?

I don't know. just bored at work. wondering if anyone has any insight on this

i was just thinking about it. not really having any intention. and the pitbull tattoo thread had me thinking how fresh it'd be if my pit had a tat of me or something silly like that.

then really started to think about it.

like getting Mars on his leg with some design or something around it. lol.

or thug life on his chest. HA!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
occafeVes

Well, like CoolHandJean said...the hair will grow over it so it'd be pointless. The belly is different.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
Dwemadayday

Tattooing for ID purposes is nothing new. Most people get reg. numbers or their SS numbers on a dog, among other things. I actually recently saw a picture of a dog that was tattooed with a little design (I can't remember where I saw it, or what it was). Tatooing is done on the ear (although this isn't recommended) or the inside of a thigh.

Personally, I think tattooing a dog for any reason other than identification is kind of repugnant (but I do love tattoos on humans! ) - and I prefer microchipping.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #7
SingleMan

well. say on my dog, he's white i think a black tat would show from under his fur.

i'm still laughing about thug life on his chest. and how he had that bandana on the other day. he looked gangster. LOL

Old 03-13-2008, 05:28 AM   #8
zabiqapara

along time ago i seen a pitbull that had his penis pierced at a tattoo shop...im sure that dog didnt like having that in. dogs get no say in what people will do to them

Old 04-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #9
kjanyeaz1

A tatoo for ID purposes is a good idea because microchips can't alway be read or detected. But, a tatoo for your own amusement is just sick.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
sherrferris

I have a friend that has corgies, she has them tatooed for ID purposes because if the dog ever ends up with AC it can't be PTS because it breaks federal branding laws.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #11
klubneras

I have a friend that has corgies, she has them tatooed for ID purposes because if the dog ever ends up with AC it can't be PTS because it breaks federal branding laws.
So it's illegal to put a dog down because it has a tattoo ID? Interesting...

Old 04-13-2008, 02:58 AM   #12
repldoinfo

Speaking of piercings peanut, When I was living in an urban "Ghetto" neighborhood for a short while I was walking one of my dogs and came across a guy walking a AM. Bully, well the dogs ears were hacked off and the rim of the ears were PIERCED with little white diamond looking studs. I stopped and asked him why the hell his dogs ears are pierced and hes just like cus it makes him look FAMOUS...uuuuuuuuhuhhhhh OK???? and he went to mention the dogs tongue was pierced at one point but the dog ripped it out!!! OUCH!!!?!!

And tattooing is a long time thing, my dad had all his show dogs tattooed in there lips. So if they were ever stolen/got loose and the microchip didn't work he still had 100% proof the dogs where his. It actually came in handy once, One of his dogs got loose (or someone let her out) and he came across a chick walking his dog, she claimed she found it which is possible. Anyways he didn't have pictures on him at the time, and she wanted proof it was his so luckly the lip was done so he could have proof right then and there.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:58 AM   #13
spravka.ua

I love tattoos and piercings, on humans.

The thought of someone piercing their dog is absolutely disgusting and cruel. I understand a simple tattoo on a dog for identification purposes, but anything beyond that is also crossing the line, IMO.

I can't believe people would do things like this to a dog. Insane.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:15 AM   #14
iroxmxinau

hey im new to this but i thought id comment on the tattooing the dogs, im a a vet tech, and at some of the clinics i've worked at, after a spay or neuter, we'd tattoo a tiny female or male symbol on the belly, where there isnt any hair, to indicate that the an animal has been fixed. Ive also seen alittle green line tattooed on the belly of microchipped dogs. rarely seen that though.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #15
stutnerman

Yeah, Tess has the little green line tattoo. lol.

I meant a full out artist tattoo doesn't make sense. I understand use of the number tattoo and the spay tattoo.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #16
Franchise

right. anyone think this is a cruel thing to do?

I don't know. just bored at work. wondering if anyone has any insight on this

i was just thinking about it. not really having any intention. and the pitbull tattoo thread had me thinking how fresh it'd be if my pit had a tat of me or something silly like that.

then really started to think about it.

like getting Mars on his leg with some design or something around it. lol.

or thug life on his chest. HA!
lol @ thug life. and na, its not cruel. Its just like getting the ears cropped.. Its painful to the dog and their isnt really any need to do it besides for appearance. And thats the same thing if you get a tat for the dog. + if you get the id # 's tat'd on the chest or something, it may be useful ect. Even though it may look retarded if you get like a skull on the dogs chest. Its not really cruel. I dont see how people crop the ears and then they say its not cruel and then they say getting a tat on the chest is cruel. Sure its dumb. But no difference then a crop'ed ears .

My vet will tattoo the belly with whatever you want. It makes for a good id to me since numbers can fade but something like a heart is obvious. I've thought about getting matching tattoos LOL
lol @ matchin tats

Old 07-13-2008, 06:54 AM   #17
Sx1qBli0

Ill stick to micochiping. thats what i do to my dogs. who dose the tats. and i can see the scar from my dog being spayed. they also have id tags.

Reply to Thread New Thread