LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-29-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
etdgxcnc

Default potty training
Hi guys. I sure hope you guys can help me out here. Brutis is about 2 years old. I can not seem to get him house broke all the way. I have tried and tried. He knows he is not supposed to potty in the house. I had no problems potty traing my Jackson (mix breed), but Brutis is being VERY hard headed. My carpet is ruined. Please can you help me?

Thanks,
Roo

Old 11-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #2
Knillagrarp

is it poop or pee? Have you had a vet check him out, it could be the sign of an underlying health issue, such as a bladder infection. How often are you taking him out?

Old 11-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
elalmhicabalp

If there are no health issues, here are a couple of potty training threads that might help you:

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=2076

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=11817

Old 11-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Mqcawkzd

If it is pee - is he neutered?

Old 11-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
etdgxcnc

Hi guys,

There is no health issues and he has been neutered. It is both pee and poop. He does outside at least three times a day. As long as we are home he will wait, but if we leave him then he goes. I am not sure if he is just mad at us for leaving.

Thank you guys for your replys.

Niki

Old 11-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
Yfclciak

Maybe you should crate him when you are away.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
QWNPdpr5

Maybe you should crate him when you are away.
I agree and rip out or get the carpets professionally cleaned to get all the smell out or it will just attract him back to go there again

Old 11-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
Adollobdeb

I agree with crating him when you are gone. They usually won't soil the area where they are staying. Also, if you can't rip out your carpets, or pay for professional cleaning, try shampooing them with a mixture of hot water and vinegar. Your house will smell like a pickle for a day or two, but it usually gets the smells out.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
etdgxcnc

I agree and rip out or get the carpets professionally cleaned to get all the smell out or it will just attract him back to go there again
Thank you!! The house that we live in now is over 100 years old, and has beautifully hardwood floors under the carpet. We are trying to clear out my husband old bedroom (we slept in two different bedrooms untill we where married) and make that into our living room. Then we can clear out the current living room and make that into our formal den. Once we clear out the current living room we will rip up the carpet and redo the hardwood floors and just put down a circle room rug.

Reply to Thread New Thread