LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
emily

Default Pics of My Tiger
Well I have been so busy recently that I have not really spent enough time with my boy. He was so happy this weekend when I walked with him and played in the park.Sometimes forgets that he is only a pup. Tiger has remarkable stamina, never tires. The park was about 3km's away and we played together and walked the same distance. I was so tired after the whole escpade but he kept on rubbing up against my door.I must be honest I stay in a rough neigbourhood where Saturday my wife's cousin was stabbed. I was so reluctant to walk with Tiger Sunday night. He is just so friendly and he will not protect me at this stage. Do APBT's ever become protective of their owners? At what age usuallY?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
BluewayAllere

Tiger is a great looking dog thanks for sharing his photos. Pits are not gaurd dogs and love people so you cannot expect your dog to protect you from someone bad it should be the other way around. However, your dog may warn you that there is something dangerous up ahead or that a person you encounter is up to no good but the pit should have no human aggression. A pit is more likely to kiss a person to death than to harm them.
Good Luck

Old 11-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
gfkasjhfg

what if the person is directally attacking you? i thought they would defend their owner to death?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
BluewayAllere

That is different and I am not sure what to say about that. Some people feel that no matter what this breed shouldshould never show human aggression. Now if you are being physically hurt your dog may do something I am sure. If I was being attacked I am sure my Sophie would try to help me but she is such a ppl person I don't know. I am sure others will chim in a give there oppinion. That is a tough question. It also doesn't happen at a certain age where they would start protecting. Dogs can sence bad at any stage in life. Sorry I was not more helpful

Old 11-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #5
Adollobdeb

The dog may protect you if he thinks you are in danger.... but it's not a guarantee that he will. Like PitGirl17 said, they are more likely to lick someone to death. But I think that is if they know the person is welcomed into your home.

A couple of years ago, when I lived in the city, I had the cable guy out to hook up the cable. Our front door was the clear glass door. It was open, Mollie was inside. When she saw him (and he did look a little scruffy, beard, unkept looking), anyway, when she saw him, the hair on her back stood up and she started barking and raising cain. The guy reached for the door and she went nuts barking. There was no way he was going to even try to come inside with her in there. I had to put her outside.

On the other hand though, my son has brought a pack of teen age boys home, Mollie has never seen any of them, and she liked to have knocked them all over with her butt wiggles and kissing them like crazy. So I guess since she knew they were ok to come in, she loved them all, but the cable guy, she apparently didn't like the looks of him.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 AM   #6
Cucoulkrory

What a beautiful dog, and I'm sorry to hear about your wife's cousin. I think even though an APBT isn't necessarily a guardian dog, if you were ever truly in danger your dog will hopefully come to your aid.

Reply to Thread New Thread