LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
hopertveyk

omg Ellena I can totally relate!!!!!

While I am all for mutts...I love them....all my shelter mutts have been freakin awesome.......I am sick of the "designer dogs" that stupid people are selling for thousands of dollars to even stupider people!!

I actually saw a "chiweenie" the other day.....and the owner couldn't figure out why the dog had so many hereditary problems, since she got the dog from a "reputable breeder"....HA! NO "reputable" breeder is going to downgrade their lines to make some money off making a designer dog.....it's not doing the breeds and their lineage any favors....and is just promoting irresponsible dog ownership!!

I'd say a good 70% of these "designer dogs" are going to completely uneducated owners who end up dumping the dogs on craigslist or at local shelters when they realize their designer dog came with many unfavorable traits!!

We had one lady come in one day with a puggle......and she admitted she got it on impulse because it was cute and had never had a dog before....and she's all "so it snores a lot, and it digs up everything, and barks and howls all the time, and it's skin is all stinky and gross, and it's facial folds are icky, and it farts a lot, and it chews up everything, and it's stubborn, and it won't do anything I want it to......" (the list went on....)

And it took everything in my powers not to just bang my head in the wall to get it over with!!!

So I'm all "soo.....when you take a BEAGLE and a PUG and you mix those two together....you get ALL THEIR PROBLEMS TOO!!!" argh!!!!

Don't get me wrong....they are both great breeds, but just like ANY breed....they come with certain issues....and if a person can't deal with these issues, what makes them think mixing the two breeds together will make it any easier?!?!?!!

So yes Ellena....I know those kinds of days, it's soo frustrating!!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
hopertveyk

oh and that hybrid registry page you posted is so awful!! I'd never heard of anything like that...but I'm not surprised!!! yikes.....

Why on earth would someone make a page like that, other then to just make money on "pedigree mutts"

arrgh.....people make me sick sometimes!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
Heliosprime

My personal favorite has to be the following 'designer breed':

PitShit

As we all know, this is what we all have been waiting for:

a cross between an ABPT and a Shitzu ...

... oh, gag me with a spoon.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
XarokLasa

lolololololol ive actually seen pitzus in the newspaper!!!! aswell as "pittermans" pit/dobe

Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
Mappaindy

Cmon Ellena...tell us what you really think, you really need to come out of your shell girl!

and I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Mary

Old 01-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
Vezazvqw

Oh, i feel the same way. Every single day we've got these designer mutts coming in. The other day I saw a Brussels Griffon/Chihuahua mix, don't remember what it was called, and oh, we get lots of people calling to make their appointments for "Teddy Bears" which, at first, no one in our salon knew what they were, and the owner acted like we were stupid, she kept saying its a "teddy bear".....turns out to be a bichon/shihtzu...... Labradoodles, goldendoodles, maltipoos, poochies, westipoos, cockapoos, schauzers, aussidoodles, doberdoodles, weimardoodles, I am sick of all of them, oh I can't forget the Giant Schnoodle. These are by far not all of them, but I wanna smack people..... They pay lots of money for a mutt. More than I paid for both my dogs put together (Jack was free, lol). The newspaper is full of them. I think we have more designer mutts coming into the grooming salon that I work at than purbred dogs and shelter mutts but together......oh....don't even get me started on puggles and pocket puggles......oh and chugs (chihuahua/pug mix)

Old 01-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #7
JNancy46

ok well I had a pekachu one time. She was the cutest and best small dog I have ever owned. Only one for that matter. She was an accident so Igot her for free but she looked like a short hair peke. Her name was Boo Boo. She was great with the kids and even nursed a stray kitten that my sister found when she had her pups. And NO I wasn't around or I would have never let that happen, just hadn't gotten her in to have her spayed yet. But I DO agree on all this nonsense about the designer dogs. IS such a load of crap!!

Old 01-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #8
Anakattawl

hey dont forget its not jsut dogs either how about the "puppykat"?
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006...1906192121.txt

IMO there has only been one breed of dog created recently that was done right... Nat Geo had run a show a while back about how the domestic dog came to be and their is a guy who has spent the last 30 years or so creating a new breed of "scent" dog I cant remember the country or the breeds name but he basically started from scratch and used coyotes and jackels and such from what i remember, and it seems he keeps the dogs on his own yard and puts them to work in airports.
but here is an intresting article on the whole designer dog thing that i though looked good.
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006...1906192121.txt

Old 01-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
ashleyjoseph

you forgot labradoodles! my dang girlfriend wants to get one, but only because she current owners are going to take her to humane society if they cant find a new owner because they have to move. This dog isnt going to be paid for, I wouldnt pay for a mutt either.
good rant too!
I hate it when people keep trying to cross breed their pugs. I used to have a pug, they already have enough genetic problems without cross breeding.
pretty soon, they wont have airways through their noses.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #10
erroxiainsona

LOL thanks guys, I now have laughed and feel better.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:24 AM   #11
tousuarshatly

Excuse me while I rant.

I am so sick of Puggles, Bullboxers, Pomapoos, choodles, Huskapoos, chorkies, and now Bugs (Boston/Pugs). I am so sick of people who think its "cute" or "sweet" with these stupid little mixed breed mutts and that what they are doing is not impacting other animals elsewhere. I am so sick of dogs in purses, im sick of the fad that breeding your dog to your neighbors dog and "rehoming" them on craigslist is something to pass the time. Im sick of people breeding because they want a baby from their current dog, im sick of people breeding so their children can experience the miracle of life.

I could go on and on but it makes no difference.

Rant over.
Well Said!

Old 01-12-2008, 04:59 AM   #12
EscaCsamas

That's insane how could anyone with even 1 braincell left in their head think that this is helping anything...This is another major reason why we have so many puppy mills out there, and our shelters are full of unwanted dogs.... It's a sad day when all people think about is the fast buck...

Old 01-12-2008, 05:08 AM   #13
Glanteeignile

I hate it too.... but let the idiots pay money for mixed breeds... It's not hurting me any. The only thing that hurts me is a shelter dog will lose his chance at a home.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:14 AM   #14
Avaboormavoro

They need to make laws like how in Korea, you can only have 1 child or i forgot what place it was.. But you can only have 1 child or you get punished because of human over population. They need to make laws like that in usa-- that only certain people can breed and only certain people can own dogs. Just like how people have permit for guns.. people should have permit for dogs and such.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:18 AM   #15
Heliosprime

They need to make laws like how in Korea, you can only have 1 child or i forgot what place it was.. But you can only have 1 child or you get punished because of human over population. They need to make laws like that in usa-- that only certain people can breed and only certain people can own dogs. Just like how people have permit for guns.. people should have permit for dogs and such.
Jelet: the one child only law was/is implemented in China.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:26 AM   #16
Avaboormavoro

Jelet: the one child only law was/is implemented in China.
oh. Yea i remember learing about that a few years ago. i knew it was in one of those countries. thanks for the correction

Old 10-31-2008, 07:30 AM   #17
erroxiainsona

Default Hybrid rant
Excuse me while I rant.

I am so sick of Puggles, Bullboxers, Pomapoos, choodles, Huskapoos, chorkies, and now Bugs (Boston/Pugs). I am so sick of people who think its "cute" or "sweet" with these stupid little mixed breed mutts and that what they are doing is not impacting other animals elsewhere. I am so sick of dogs in purses, im sick of the fad that breeding your dog to your neighbors dog and "rehoming" them on craigslist is something to pass the time. Im sick of people breeding because they want a baby from their current dog, im sick of people breeding so their children can experience the miracle of life.

I could go on and on but it makes no difference.

Rant over.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:55 AM   #18
averkif

Wow Ell how was your day?

Old 10-31-2008, 08:03 AM   #19
erroxiainsona

Wow Ell how was your day?
LOL does "barf-a-licious" sum it up?

Old 10-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #20
Txaizdxx

People Suck!!!!

Reply to Thread New Thread