LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
Agitoligflise

He attacked my pup again last night , this time worse , he actually bit

Old 11-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
SimSlim

I wouldn't give the fact that it's a small dog any consideration at all. He qualifies as viscous..having badly bitten a child and your dog, and I'd get him an appointment with the sharp end of a needle. Actually, had it been me in the situation, I'd have put the dog down after biting the child. I know we're all big on pit bull breeds not being human aggressive, but I think that rule should apply to ALL companion dogs.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
Agitoligflise

I wouldn't give the fact that it's a small dog any consideration at all. He qualifies as viscous..having badly bitten a child and your dog, and I'd get him an appointment with the sharp end of a needle. Actually, had it been me in the situation, I'd have put the dog down after biting the child. I know we're all big on pit bull breeds not being human aggressive, but I think that rule should apply to ALL companion dogs.
i agree totally, we have managed to rehome him with a guy, whos kids are all grown up, and there pooch died,he has no other dogs, we have made him fully aware of the problems we had

its really really sad because other than these incidents he is a fantastic dog , but not risking it.

i called our pit president for advise, she recomended the same, the biggest fear is if this carries on 2 things will happen, either the pit will become very dog shy , or the other extreme and become very afraid and agro towards other dogs.

and we have desperatly tried socializing as much as possible.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
AdobebePhoto

I am so sorry to hear about this situation.
I am glad that you found another place for the dog. Is that place perminant or temporary?
How are the other dogs and you family doing from this situation?

Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
addifttiest

and we have desperatly tried socializing as much as possible.
This is the key. Socialize this pup right away, and as often as possible. More often than possible actually. Otherwise he will be dog aggressive as an adult from this.

As a side note ... my male (years ago) was attacked in our fenced backyard as a young pup (about the age of yours from the pic) by a stray cat. The cat tore him up pretty good. Anyway... as an adult (70 lbs) he would attack a cat on sight, and do anything possible to try to get to one. One time a stray was unlucky enough to get in our yard. This dog chased it down... zigging and zagging (I didn't know APBT's were faster than cats) and before I could get to him he caught it.... one shake and it was over.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
indocrew

Keep in mind, socializing is no guarantee the dog will not be dog aggressive regardless of whether it's past experiences were positive or negative. As well, my girl Marz was attacked by numerous cats growing up because she's an ass and she never learned not to bug the crap out of them, but she still loved them and never hurt them. lol Obviously socializing is important but some dogs will be dog aggressive regardless and some will love cats no matter how many times they've gotten beat up by them! lol

Old 11-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #7
osteoftex

Good post Zoe.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #8
Agitoligflise

Default Problem woof
Have an issue with one of the muts rossi (cross sausage dog), he used to be very cute and loving, but I think we went horribly wrong in bringing him up, the usual smack on the bum when he did something wrong , never ever socialized the pup,etc, we have learnt obviously the correct everything as I became obsessive to get everything right with the pit, and after all the research i must say its working incredibly well, 4 days to house train the pit, .anyways they all get loads of love all the time, and are always with us on the couches etc, rossi has become incredibly insecure

a few months back he bit the neighbours kid in the face, a proper bite, puncture marks etc, and just missed the kids eye,he does not like the new pit pup and growls and trys to subdue him all the time,which sends the pup off yelping and hiding, which wont be for much longer as the pups already bigger. But now he is growling and snapping at our kids too

Even though a small dog I cant risk someone loosing an eye as he is now human aggressive , I don’t mind dog aggression as its normal, but human aggression isn’t on.

I am at a loss on what to do

Reply to Thread New Thread