LOGO
Terrorism Discuss the War on Terrorism

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
Paul Bunyan

Default American Muslim Terrorism Hearings
So the US Congress started hearings on the problem of Muslim extremism in America.

Predictably, many terrorism-supporting Muslims objected to discussing the topic altogether, much less having hearings to examine the extent of the problem.

Others claimed that the real reason for many Muslims refusing to cooperate with the FBI isn't Muslim radicalization, but the police who needs to form better relations with the Muslim community. So, if you're a police officer, please make sure to speak very nicely and smile often when dealing with Muslim terrorists!

But a tiny minority of Muslims admitted that there is widespread denial that there is a problem altogether with Muslim extremism. This despite 161 cases of Muslim terrorist acts since 9/11 committed by American Muslims, which Congressman Peter King of NY calls "our Achilles Heel."

Old 10-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
Big A

Administrator
I watched the first hearing on C-Span.

The hearing was marred only by the presence of US congressmen at the event.

This was, unfortunately, unavoidable.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
Lt_Apple

i think in the end it'll be a platform for muslims to offer testimony and they'll blame Israel. it's all a set up just as the nuclear arms talks Obama brought up that came out of the blue and in the end no one cared about the US or Russia but about Israel's nuclear ambiguity. Keep me posted but I am skeptical that congress has the backbone to discuss something of this nature. Policial correctness seems too powerful an idea to be shot down by saving lives. how i wish i were wrong though.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
MannoFr

I don't know that the hearings will amount to much. As a viewer, it's hard to be patient enough to sit through the committee members off topic bloviating and pre set talking points so that you can finally hear what the witnesses have to say.

The witnesses that appeared at this first hearing did not mention Israel at all, though you may be right that some will seek to do so later.

Unfortunately, media coverage concentrated almost solely on the "controversy" surrounding holding the hearings rather than the actual witness testimonies.

King seemed to say that he planned his next hearing for some months down the road outside of DC.

Reply to Thread New Thread