LOGO
Terrorism Discuss the War on Terrorism

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
arrendabomnem

Default Aafit Siddiqui: CWO affects suspect in firing
NEW YORK A gunfight at an Afghan authorities outpost that led to attempted-murder costs against a U.S.-trained Pakistani scientist produced friction inside the U.S. Military over how she got her fingers on the soldier's assault gun, according to account at her trial. The testimony in federal court in Manhattan also offers provided a window into concerns between U.S. and Afghan authorities fighting militant forces close to the Pakistani border. Army Capt. John Snyder told a court on Tuesday the soldier, a warrant officer, produced a life-threatening danger by perhaps not obtaining his tool. He described seeing the soldier pay the gun and turn away to shake hands with authorities prior to the gunfire erupted. He said he recoiled when another chief later approached him about giving the gift a medal for valor. 'I told the chief I'd perhaps not help it definitely not,' Snyder said on-the first day of account in the trial of respected al-Qaida promoter Aafia Siddiqui. Prosecutors claim Siddiqui, while detained in a dull place high in U.S and Afghan. Employees on July 18, 2008, got the gun and shot at them before she endured a wound to the belly. She's emphatically denied any wrong-doing occasionally in courtroom tirades which have disrupted the proceedings. One episode adopted Snyder's account that Afghan authorities found in Siddiqui's bag handwritten records mentioning an enormous assault and record attractions like the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty and Wall Street. 'I was never planning for a bombing! You're lying'! As she was hurried out-of court the 37-year-old Siddiqui screamed. A-second government experience, FBI agent John Jefferson, claimed Tuesday he and another agent were sent for the Afghan police station in Ghazni after U.S. Experts were first told about Siddiqui's catch. Jefferson, whose account was to continue Wednesday, had instructions to simply take her in to U.S. custody. But he explained Afghan authorities refused to show her around, as an alternative saying U.S. Regulators including Snyder might question her and have a DNA test in the police station. Snyder claimed he was placed in a area when he looked toward a yellow curtain and found a lady kneeling on a and pointing the gun. 'I can begin to see the internal part of the barrel, which suggested to me it had been aiming directly at my head,' he explained. 'I was very sure there was nothing I can do to get free from her type of fire.' He said he got from his chair, noticed the gun set off more often than once and hurried for the home, the last to flee the area. He said he returned moments later to see a translator for the Military fighting to subdue Siddiqui. Next, prosecutors say, she was shot by the chief warrant officer with a gun. When the firing ended, about 150 Afghan protection employees some carrying guns and looking 'quite distressed' started crowding as about 1-5 U.S. authorities tried to transport out a still-kicking Siddiqui on the stretcher beyond your police station, Snyder said. 'The condition was quite tight to express the least,' he explained. The chief claimed he later 'compared notes' using the chief warrant officer and was amazed by his attitude. The soldier 'thought he'd preserved the day,' the witness said. 'He had came ultimately back fire, as they say. ... I thought that a few of the actions o-r inactions he got led to the problem .' Synder acknowledged the translator who first lunged at Siddiqui with being the actual hero. 'I indicated my overwhelming appreciation for what he did,' he said. Aside from the offender, no body was severely injured. Article: http://www.militarytimes.com/news/20...ddiqui_012010/

Reply to Thread New Thread