LOGO
USA Economy
USA economic debate

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
attlawqa

Default "The Same Stale, Moldy Characters"
The moment ordinary citizens choose to make a "career" out of serving as an elected official, corporations began to suck the life out of democracy.

Career politicians don't know when to exit the stage and the longer they stay--the easier they can be manipulated and bought by corporations and betray the citizenry, democracy and the Republic.

I vigorously debate friends and foe alike about my views on career politicians--and I stand my ground. I believe as an elected official you can effectively accomplish the goals on behalf of your constituents without holding on to the post for 15-20 years or longer. Career politicians also stifle young would-be-elected officials from seeking office. Sadly, new and innovative ideas that would transform America into a vibrant and thriving nation are lost. This is especially true since we know that campaign finance reform is a forgone conclusion after the corrupt U.S. Supreme Court green lighted corporations to buy, buy, and buy career politicians.

The former Republican Party now taken over by the Tea Party, but still staring the same stale, moldy group of cartoon characters cannot lead America to prosperity. President Obama has given them everything they've asked for and still--they have not created one (1) job. Their recommendations to fix the Republic's decayed infrastructure borders on lunacy and treason. In essence we have a political party that believes if they cannot control every aspect of the Republic--they would rather destroy it.

Every citizen that is registered to vote must proceed to vote and remove career politicians from the perch of the Republic's government and infuse a new generation of public servants that place the "needs" of the majority ahead of the "greed" from the minority. Until this is accomplished, we will continue to witness the rising tide of Bachmann, Santorum, Boehner, McConnell, Cain and Duke making a mockery of democracy--a gift that millions of Americans have and continue to sacrifice their lives for.

"Progressive will bring balance to the Republic"
Anthony P. Johnson, Candidate for Pennsylvania State Representative 180th District, 2012

Old 07-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
DumnEuronoumn

Shouldn't your tag line be "Progressives will bring balance to the Republic"?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
repldoinfo

... I believe as an elected official you can effectively accomplish the goals on behalf of your constituents without holding on to the post for 15-20 years or longer. ....

The former Republican Party now taken over by the Tea Party, but still staring the same stale, moldy group of cartoon characters cannot lead America to prosperity...
Sitting members of US House and Senate with 35 years or more:

John Dingell - D
John Conyers - D
Charlie Rangel - D
Pete Stark - D
George Miller - D
Henry Waxman - D
Ed Markey - D
Daniel Inouye - D
Bill Young - R
Don Young - R
Patrick Leahy D

I'd be glad to see all 11 kicked out...

Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
IdomeoreTew

Hatch and Lugar go on that list in 6 months, fwiw, along with 3 lesser-known house Dems (seems odd that these guys have served 35 years and I still don't recognize their names).

That said, while I'm against term limits, I generally agree. Long-term officeholders build up these little fiefdoms and accumulate years of 'favors' from horse-trading. It seems inherently corrupting.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
DavidQD

I vigorously debate friends and foe alike about my views on career politicians--and I stand my ground.
You do? So why, when asked to defend positions you've taken here, do you refuse to answer even the most basic questions? You don't debate, you don't stand your ground....you run your mouth, then run off.

Every citizen that is registered to vote must proceed to vote and remove career politicians from the perch of the Republic's government and infuse a new generation of public servants that place the "needs" of the majority ahead of the "greed" from the minority. Until this is accomplished, we will continue to witness the rising tide of Bachmann, Santorum, Boehner, McConnell, Cain and Duke making a mockery of democracy--a gift that millions of Americans have and continue to sacrifice their lives for. Dude....career politicians? Bachmann is only on her third term, hardly what passes for a career politician. Duke? Cain? They've never held public office. Rather than stifling would-be elected officials, they are the would-be elected officials. They are fresh voices and fresh ideas. Once again, you've taken up two contradictory positions. Career politicians are bad, but new faces seeking office are bad, too. Or are you simply ignorant of the careers of Duke and Cain?

While we're at it, on the laughable chance you're elected, will you pledge to serve only two terms, and not seek higher office after that? After all, if being a career pol is a bad thing, you surely don't want to become that which you hate. Right?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
MicoSiru

But he's a would-be politician. Shouldn't Crazy Anthony take his own advice and quit for "the good of the republic" now?

Old 07-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
Lypepuddyu

Meh--Crazy Anthony will fit right in with the same, stale, moldy crowd. His ideas are almost as original as theirs...

Old 07-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #8
Tinasblue

Meh--Crazy Anthony will fit right in with the same, stale, moldy crowd. His ideas are almost as original as theirs...
Anthony is a lazy, pseudo-intellectual blowhard. The worst kind of blowhard, actually.

Reply to Thread New Thread