LOGO
USA Economy
USA economic debate

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Toivaluadiora

they do some weird sh*t in OH, and this is coming from a very weird dude. A couple of years ago I saw one of the best documentaries I have ever seen on WHYY. It was about people prepping for one of the "premier ferret shows in the world". So a marionette show doesn't surprise me in the least.

BTW, below is a link to the 2011 ferret show. I am sure you can find clips of the documentary on youtube. Even the link is weird.
fbb11
I love your post. That ferret show sounds like it rocks. Reminds me of the Teddy Bear Rally in Amherst,MA. People think it's an event where teddy bears come together and riot.

The marionette show was basically put on by the Know Theatre. They put on puppet shows for adults with grown-up themes with political or philosophical messages in them.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
strongjannabiz

I love your post. That ferret show sounds like it rocks. Reminds me of the Teddy Bear Rally in Amherst,MA. People think it's an event where teddy bears come together and riot.

The marionette show was basically put on by the Know Theatre. They put on puppet shows for adults with grown-up themes with political or philosophical messages in them.
For your viewing pleasure: Ferrets, The Pursuit of Excellence
YouTube - Ferrets: The Pursuit of Excellence | PBS

I admit that I'd love to go and hang with these people.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Grennios

After living there for almost 2 years, in the heart of the city, I can say with no reservations that Columbus is a horrible soul-less place. Its downtown is anemic (though they just tore down their urban to build a plaza). It is essentially a large suburb with not terribly interesting small core. The biggest point of interest is german village.
I love downtown Columbus. It is so clean and feels safe. I know it is empty on the weekends but I like that. I see how some wouldn't like it though.

I have never seen so many malls in so close proximity all up and running as I did in ohio.

The economy doesn't seem to be that bad.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
CevepBiageCefm

the mother of call clips for the Columbus ferret show. so awesome.

YouTube - Ferrets: The Pursuit of Excellence

Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Mangoman

the mother of call clips for the Columbus ferret show. so awesome.

YouTube - Ferrets: The Pursuit of Excellence
Three best points in this video:

The leprachaun ferret, the ferret with the dracula cape, and the lady who said after her children left home she replaced them with ferrets.

This is where the party is at.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
Dynasty

I love downtown Columbus. It is so clean and feels safe. I know it is empty on the weekends but I like that. I see how some wouldn't like it though.
I can understand not being bothered that it's empty on the weekends, but what's to like about it?

Old 11-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #7
SappyAppy

Default Cincinnati not so great
I was in Cincinnati on Saturday to see a marionette show. I was shocked at how bad the downtown area looked.

Looks like they have similar problems as downtown Philly with teens and thugs, but it looks worse there.

Everywhere I walked down there I got a sketchy feeling.

Columbus, Ohio is much, much nicer and I think Philly too, to an extent.

Anyone else been to Cincy? What were your thoughts?

Old 11-05-2011, 04:19 AM   #8
StampNews

I was in Cincinnati on Saturday to see a marionette show.
That sentence borders on the surreal.

Anyone else been to Cincy? What were your thoughts? They put chili on pasta there. And it seems they have marionette shows. I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:33 AM   #9
rorsvierwelia

I was in Cincinnati on Saturday to see a marionette show.
Please explain.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
imictiorume

they do some weird sh*t in OH, and this is coming from a very weird dude. A couple of years ago I saw one of the best documentaries I have ever seen on WHYY. It was about people prepping for one of the "premier ferret shows in the world". So a marionette show doesn't surprise me in the least.

BTW, below is a link to the 2011 ferret show. I am sure you can find clips of the documentary on youtube. Even the link is weird.
fbb11

Old 12-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #11
Unhappu

Cincinnati is one of those rustbelt cities that has seen a tremendous outflow from its core. It is sad, because the city itself has fascinating architecture, prescious vistas, and a downtown with a lot of potential. Unfortunately it has historically had very resistence to spread on its outer fringes (not even excluding the river, as northern kentucky is an extension fo the cinci metro).

After living there for almost 2 years, in the heart of the city, I can say with no reservations that Columbus is a horrible soul-less place. Its downtown is anemic (though they just tore down their urban to build a plaza). It is essentially a large suburb with not terribly interesting small core. The biggest point of interest is german village.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #12
xADMlNx

Chili Mac from Skyline! 'nuff said.

Reply to Thread New Thread