LOGO
USA Society
USA social debate

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-20-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
lopezsokero

Default Why when single parents are mentioned, it is only refering to single moms?
Was watching fox news at lunch when they had a bit about a new support group out there doing 'good things' for single moms in the military. BUT i want to know why is it, when any group is doing stuff to highlight single parents, 9 times out of 10, they ONLY mean single moms..
What ever happened to single dads? Or are we not numerous to be 'given a hoot about'?

Old 10-20-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
GitaraMoya

For one, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of single parents are moms, for obvious reasons. So as far as advertising goes, showing women probably elicits more sympathy from the audience than men.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
padlabtard

Was watching fox news at lunch when they had a bit about a new support group out there doing 'good things' for single moms in the military. BUT i want to know why is it, when any group is doing stuff to highlight single parents, 9 times out of 10, they ONLY mean single moms..
What ever happened to single dads? Or are we not numerous to be 'given a hoot about'?
It probably is because there may not be as many. I don't know what the facts are but I get tired of people ignoring single dads who struggle just as much as a single mom. But in the military, at least in the Army, there are more single mothers than fathers. I just read that somewhere not long ago.

Reply to Thread New Thread