View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #21
Drugmachine

GVP - like Chinmayee's real voice, his 'real' style still eludes me. Still not able to form even an opinion on him.

I can't relate that the same person who scored polladhavan scored Veyyil or AO. is Angadi theru by GVP? That just adds to the confusion. What is his real voice?
(I dont want to orient this as a compliment - even Rahman, Raja are versatile but underlying the different styles that they exhibhit, there is an unifying factor, a stamp of theirs. A Rahman fan never mistakes a HJ song for Rahman, and as I'd reply to all people who attribute MMKV or VSN or Deva or S-G songs to IR, no true IR fan will mistake any of those songs for IR as IR's stamp is unmistakable. GVP's versatility doesnt seem to be of the same type to me)
Plum, agree that GVP has NOT yet had his own stamp.. in fact, most of the composers nowadays... except U1 & HJ...

angadi theru was done by both GVP & VA.., not sure who has done what in that movie.. for me, aval appadi ondrum seems to be from VA... Kadhagalai pesum & un perai sollum bother - GVP... if this is right, I found at least half stamp of GVP... of course, it is just between VA / GVP...