View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #2
Paul Bunyan

My daughter is still grateful she decided to get her MBA or she would have been sitting at her desk on the 56th floor of the South Tower in the World Trade Center that morning. She was a broker/liason officer having been transferred from Atlanta with Morgan Stanley. She lost two friends from other brokerages, her husband lost many more and they flew up for each funeral and memorial service, despite the improvishment of graduate school. I don't think they will ever forget it. I know I will not, nor will anyone in our families. Her mother-in-law watched from her office, in disbelief, the 2nd plane fly into the 2nd, South, Tower. Then to her horror the South Tower collapse only 45 minutes later. That was when she and her husband walked to Grand Central Station and got on the last train out of Manhattan that day.

But too many have forgotten. Yesterday, on 9/11, mine was the only house in my pathetic subdivision (92 houses) that was flying the American flag! Can you believe that???? I went over to the kid's house for dinner and about half of their neighbors flags were flying. Better neighborhood from the price and patriotism standpoint!

What does this mean? Does it take being close to a catastrophy to remember it year after year, and to acknowledge that terrorism is still a threat? I don't care what the Pew figures say, they are known for a very PC and liberal slant to what ever they do and I simply do not trust what they put out.