View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Eugen80

Found this thread, and decided to post in here rather than creating a new thread.

I have been battling a huge slice ever since I first began playing golf, and through some hard work with my driver I have got it down to a nice cut/fade that I can control. I have been working quite hard to get my tee shots to just be straight, but since doing that I have developed a tendency to get a nasty pull off the tee box and send it straight left. What I see myself doing is over compensating for my slice swing and going too much across myself and just pulling the heck out of it.

This past Wednesday, after a little pump up from watching the MC all last weekend, I decided to try something. Decided to take aim down the left side of the fairway and just play my cut off the tee. I hit 6/7 fairways, and found that I was able to swing a lot more comfortably and really get my swing going when I was confident that I knew what my ball was going to do. My scores have been getting much better over the past few months, and I feel that I am able to control a lot of what I do with my clubs now vs just swinging and praying it stayed up.

So, just curious what some of your thoughts are on this? Keep working on hitting the straight ball? Or, just allow my natural swing to do its thing?