View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #24
OlgaBorovikovva

Since I am looking at joining a private club, in order to keep the game interesting round after round, I am planning on playing all of the different tees, just to have a different look at the course, sometimes, you will find something out about a course, perhaps a better landing point, just by playing a different tee. I feel no shame in playing the reds. I've never shot even from the reds, so there's really no reason to feel shame in playing them. Tee it forward is based mainly on your distances vs. average yardage of the course, not much handicap into account, so it's all about giving a manageable approach shot, not saying your XXX level of player. I personally like the challenge of having different approach shots and distances, so I like playing any tees, typically if I'm paired up with someone else, I will play what they play to try and speed up the round a touch. I typically play the whites or blues at my course, whites are middle and blues are tips. They are both a challenge, and really don't add too much distance to the course in my mind.

Dan