View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 04:15 AM   #11
patrycjakolekk

I'm of two minds on this issue.

On the one hand I completely see the point that several have made about the leader deserving to have the backmarkers between them as he has built up his gap before the safety car.
But on the other hand, I say that is simply the way the cookie crumbles and if the Safety car comes, then the leaders need to be bunched up accordingly.
To me that does spice up the show and does provide for a more entertaining race.
I remember back in the day when they used to maintain the time difference after a SC and it was kind of crazy.
Also the lapped cars in between do actually give an advantage to the leading car as it usually takes longer to pass them, than it would in the normal flow of the race.
The one thing about NASCAR safety cars that I like is the closed pits until the SC picks up the lead car.
As it is, it takes far too long for the SC to pick up the lead car and by then, half the field has already been to the pits
Maybe they need 3 SC at each sector so that when the incident occurs it will take less than 30 seconds for a SC to pick up the lead car